• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

3-way handchaking problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> 3-way handchaking problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3-way handchaking problem - 6.Apr.2008 1:48:41 PM   
DarkJedi

Hi all.

I have a problem with an access rule on my ISA box. Here is the deal:

I have set up ISA Server as an internal firewall and i have another firewall box as edge firewall. The network rules from internal and external networks is set to nat in the ISA server wich works fine. I have an access rule allowing traffic from an internal network to a server on the internet from a particular tcp port (970). If i try the connection using telnet from the ISA box i get connected with no problems, wich means that the rule in the edge firewall is working.

If i try the connection from the cliet side in the internal network it fails to connect. What i see is that the ISA allows the connection with no problmes but the connection never establishes. Using Netwok Monitor i detected that the ISA server is not frwarding the Sync Ack back to the client, so the client can't reply wh the Ack flag an establish the connection.

I have checked all the rules and configuration and have no idea why ISA is not forwarding the Sync Ack packet. All the other rules work fine, i have rules for smtp, ftp, http, https telnet and they all work fine.

Any ideas what would be going on? I ran out of ideas....

Thanx
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> 3-way handchaking problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts