• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

407 Auth Required

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> 407 Auth Required Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
407 Auth Required - 13.Oct.2009 6:17:04 AM   
chrismyerz

Hi,

Some of my client pcs running IE 7 are having a strange problem when using the ISA 2004 proxy (as proxy client).

Proxy settings are configured via GPO - using the hostname as the proxy address (e.g. PROXYSERVER) port 80

ISA rule is configured to allow All Auth'd users Web access via proxy.

The problem with some of the pcs, is that they get a prompt for credentials, which the correct DOMAIN\Username & password are supplied, 3 or 4 times and then a Network Access Message stating that Authentication is required Error 407 etc.

Looking at the ISA logs, it seems that the IE client is trying to auth anonymously.

However if I change the proxy settings in IE to the proxy servers IP address (or add an entry to the hosts file, same HOSTNAME and IP). it works fine!!

DNS/WINS is working ok as the traffic hits the ISA server in the first failed anon attempt.

Any ideas??
Post #: 1
RE: 407 Auth Required - 13.Oct.2009 11:04:43 AM   
Rotorblade

quote:

Proxy settings are configured via GPO - using the hostname as the proxy address (e.g. PROXYSERVER) port 80

Port 80? Did you mean: 8080?

Try using the FQDN of the proxy server. It could be that your ISA NIC bindings are not properly ordered?

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Configuring_ISA_Server_Interface_Settings.html

HTH

RB

David Melvin
Ohio
MCSE: Security 2003, MCSA:Security 2003

(in reply to chrismyerz)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> 407 Auth Required Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts