• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

500 Internal Server Error when Publishing OWA and RPC/HTTP in ISA 2006 to Exchange 2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> 500 Internal Server Error when Publishing OWA and RPC/HTTP in ISA 2006 to Exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
500 Internal Server Error when Publishing OWA and RPC/H... - 12.Dec.2006 4:01:44 PM   
djesseman

I have set up a test environment according to T. Shinders document:  The Definitive Guide for ISA Firewall Publishing OWA and RPC/HTTP with a Single IP Address:  Single Exchange Server with Separate DC Scenario/LDAP Authentication.

The external client gets the redirected OWA webpage and is allowed to authenticate.  If a wrong password is typed, the page requests a username and password again, so I know that LDAP authentication is working.  When the correct username and password is entered the page waits and returns:  Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error.  The number of HTTP requests per minute exceeded the configured limit.

On the ISA 2006 server - Monitoring Tab - Logging - the query returns multiple:  Initiated Connection - Allowed Connection (Rule OWA/HTTP) - Closed Connection.  These log messages repeat until the error on the webpage on the client is displayed.

Any suggestions as to what I have setup incorrectly?

< Message edited by djesseman -- 14.Dec.2006 9:47:36 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: 500 Internal Server Error when Publishing OWA and R... - 14.Dec.2006 9:52:39 AM   
djesseman

The issue was resolved when Forms Based Authentication was disabled on the Exchange server.  It seems that the ISA Forms Based Authentication and the Exchange 2003 Forms Based Authentication can not co-exist.  Since Forms Based Authentication is installed by default in Exchange 2007, I now have my next task to resolve.

(in reply to djesseman)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> 500 Internal Server Error when Publishing OWA and RPC/HTTP in ISA 2006 to Exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts