• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

A huge mess with OWA, RPC/HTTP, etc

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> A huge mess with OWA, RPC/HTTP, etc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A huge mess with OWA, RPC/HTTP, etc - 15.Jun.2007 10:05:04 AM   
PCBrandon

Hi all, first my configuration:

-Single ISA 2006 Standard on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard as a member server.
-Single Exchange 2003 Standard on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard as a domain controller, also has internal DNS server
-Another server as DHCP/domain controller

I have two websites hosted on my exchange server, one listening on internal IP 10.0.0.1 (this is my exchange services), and another on 10.0.0.6. My ISA server listens on two external IP addresses, and my public DNS has an A record for mail.mckeelacademy.com to point to one of those IP addresses and www2.mckeelacademy.com pointing to the 2nd IP. I have two rules in ISA that listen for requests and forwards them to the IIS. Both of these wesbites work externally and on the ISA server, but not on my internal clients. That's the first problem.

I currently have a case with Microsoft working on that issue, so I'm not too worried about it. Right now I'm working on getting RPC over HTTP working so people can connect to our exchange server through Outlook externally. Prior to upgrading from Exch 2k, ISA 2k and Win 2k Server, this was easy to do and I didn't even have to use RPC over HTTP.

My OWA rule publishes the /rpc/* directory. We do not have an SSL certificate so I'm using HTTP. I configured an external outlook client to use mail.mckeelacademy.com as the exchange server name, configured the connection settings to go through an Exchange Proxy, set it to http://mail.mckeelacademy.com/ and to use NTLM authentication. It connects, but it keeps prompting me for my password and won't accept it (yes I'm sure it's correct, and I've tried multiple accounts). When I use Live Logging in ISA I receive an HTTP Status Code of 12239 The server requires authorization to fufill the request. Access to the web server is denied.

Any thoughts?

Post #: 1
RE: A huge mess with OWA, RPC/HTTP, etc - 15.Jun.2007 10:29:30 AM   
PCBrandon

Here is a little bit more information on my listener:

HTML Form Authentication with Windows Authentication

Authentication Delegation on the rule is set to NTLM Authentication.

(in reply to PCBrandon)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> A huge mess with OWA, RPC/HTTP, etc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts