• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. (12209)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. (12209) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. (12209) - 12.Apr.2001 8:53:00 PM   
vkv8

I am tired running around all important and allways busy Network engineer's offices in my company. I need help. I am a programmer and I hope that covers my background.

Last week our engineers installed ISA in place of Proxy2. After that quite regularly but NOT always I am getting firewall challenge when ever I try to access sites on the internet and when I provide the correct info it does not take it. If I cancel out from the NT/firewall challenge after three cancellation it is locking my user account and I have to run to the network engineers again.

Few minor things that I noticed may help in understanding the problem:

When I am having problems to get on the internet due to the challenges if I try to go to our company public website I am getting the same challenge from few pages and If I cance out at the challenge screen still it is loading that html/asp page. But this is not happening when I am browsing the internet, If I cancel at the challenge box it is counting.

As usual the engineers say this is a browser/client issue. I strongly think it is a ISA settings issue.

Here is the full error message from ISA::

HTTP 407 Proxy Authentication Required - The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. (12209)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

Technical Information (for support personnel)
+ Background:
The gateway could not retrieve the requested page.
+ ISA Server: dmzprox05.dmz.abcxyz.com
Via:
URL: http://mail.yahoo.com/
Time: 4/10/2001 6:52:35 PM GMT

My MSN messenger and Yahoo messenger are also not working. But I can live without them but not with this frustrating intermittet internet access problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you

Post #: 1
RE: Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. (12209) - 13.Apr.2001 4:50:00 PM   
jgisler

yes, that is a problem with the configuration of the ISA server

(in reply to vkv8)
Post #: 2
RE: Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. (12209) - 15.Apr.2001 5:38:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Vkv8,

It is definitley an issue with the ISA Server. Its hard to tell from the client side what the problem might be, but its likely that they have configured Site and Content rules that limit access.

Did they give you information so that you can configure your browser as a Web Proxy client?

Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

(in reply to vkv8)
Post #: 3
RE: Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. (12209) - 16.Apr.2001 6:53:00 PM   
vkv8

Thank you all. I came to know that they have a new proxy client which is ISA firewall client rather than Proxy2.0 client software that I can install and fix this problem. I came to know this from others rather than engineering.

I am pi***ed of with them.

But thanks for your support.

(in reply to vkv8)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. (12209) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts