• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing Rule

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> ISA Server Wish List >> Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing Rule Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing Rule - 2.May2003 7:11:00 AM   
mhowells

It would be nice to have Web Publishing Rules that actually revealed the client IP address rather than the ISA Server's internal IP address.

As it stands now, if we have a client that requires web stats we are forced to use the less secure Server Publishing Rule so that the IIS logs reveal the client's IP address.

It sure would be nice if Web Publishing Rules did this so that we could take advantage of URLScan's added security, etc.
Post #: 1
RE: Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing... - 3.May2003 6:34:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Mike,

I'm testing a 3rd party filter that might be able to do this. I'll let everyone know when I'm done.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to mhowells)
Post #: 2
RE: Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing... - 7.May2003 3:15:00 AM   
AHIT

How goes testing on this Tom?
I pefer where possibly to use webpublishing but the internal ISA IP being reported is a PITA [Frown] !

When you say '3rd party', is that developed and freely distributable or part of a shrink-wrapped (ie: Commercial) product?

(in reply to mhowells)
Post #: 3
RE: Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing... - 5.Jun.2003 9:01:00 AM   
AHIT

bump.
Tom, any update?

(in reply to mhowells)
Post #: 4
RE: Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing... - 7.Jun.2003 6:04:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Tolk,

Funny you should ask [Smile]

Seems to be working, but other projects took over and I stopped the testing. I'll ping the dev on this and see if he's completed his work on it.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to mhowells)
Post #: 5
RE: Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing... - 10.Jul.2003 1:37:00 AM   
vascent

Anything new on the development of this?

(in reply to mhowells)
Post #: 6
RE: Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing... - 27.Aug.2003 3:18:00 AM   
Still no news on this? I am despereste to get this filter as it would make my life a lot easier...

(in reply to mhowells)
  Post #: 7
RE: Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing... - 1.Sep.2003 11:32:00 AM   
JohnS

Good question. I've interested in that but still have no solution also. It would be great to have an opportunity to have a real IP with Web publishing.

(in reply to mhowells)
Post #: 8
RE: Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing... - 4.Nov.2003 9:41:00 PM   
Jemmer

[Wink] Hi Tom

Any news.

An to others. You just have to make a log analyser for the proxy service logfiles.

I do it in SQL server an the bring the logs out in an asp file.

Works like a charme. But it could be more nice when you use forums on the webserver we need loging of IP's. There for we use serverpub for the forum. An could be nice to change that.

(in reply to mhowells)
Post #: 9
RE: Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing... - 26.Nov.2003 5:09:00 PM   
tshinder

Hey guys,

The web filtered worked OK. BTW -- the next version should have this built in [Smile]

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to mhowells)
Post #: 10
RE: Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing... - 27.Nov.2003 1:27:00 AM   
It's really frustrating not having this feature in ISA 2000. How far away is a beta release of ISA 2004. Is anyone using it already - is it more than than ISA 2000?

Microsoft had initially advised that ISA 2004 would ship with Small Business Server 2003, then changed their minds (the ISA upgrade was taking too long I presume).

Paul - WorldDJ.com - global online electronic music magazine

(in reply to mhowells)
  Post #: 11
RE: Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing... - 17.Mar.2004 3:37:00 AM   
smartsed

ISA 2k reveals the actual IP address of the client in server publishing rule(not web publishing rule) if you use SNAT for your web server in your trusted network and make the ISA server as your default gateway for the Web server.

All you have to do is make a web server on another box, make the ISA the default gateway of the web server, make server publishng rule in ISA for port 80 or any port your web server is listening on with the external/public ip you want to publish your web and the internal ip of your web server.

I dont know if it will work if your web server in in the DMZ side. Mine works fine since my web server is inside the private network using SNAT.

(in reply to mhowells)
Post #: 12
RE: Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing... - 21.Mar.2004 5:56:00 PM   
tshinder

Hey guys,

ISA 2004 allows you to forward the actual client address for Web Publishing rules. Check it out!

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to mhowells)
Post #: 13

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> ISA Server Wish List >> Actual client IP addresses with a Server Publishing Rule Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts