• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Allow external server to send information through ISA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> ISA 2000 SBS >> Allow external server to send information through ISA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allow external server to send information through ISA - 6.Mar.2006 5:38:08 AM   
belindam

Can anyone explain how I can allow an external server to send information through ISA to an internet program we are using.
At present the software won't work because the external server is trying to send back information to authenticate our account to use the program however ISA is blocking this. How do i allow this external server to get through the firewall?
Post #: 1
RE: Allow external server to send information through ISA - 12.Mar.2006 10:24:59 AM   
AHIT

Short answer - dunno.
That depends COMPLETELY on the internal program and the external server!
Is this over http or some other port? Perhaps you can define secondary ports to allow the response to come in...

Normally in order to allow an incoming connection, there must a service/port PUBLISHED in ISA through to the internal machine. The whole idea of a firewall being to stop everything unless it's allowed through means that unless the external server is respnding to an internal requests, usually on the same port, then that response will simply be denied.

http://www.ahit.com.au/isa
(Previous nick: Tolk)

(in reply to belindam)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> ISA 2000 SBS >> Allow external server to send information through ISA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts