• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Another newbie question, single NIC model

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Another newbie question, single NIC model Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another newbie question, single NIC model - 23.Jan.2006 11:59:15 PM   
awhite

Hi there

I set up my ISA 2004 box with a single NIC to replace the old msproxy. All we want to do is cache web traffic. I defined "internal" network and created a rule to allow http, https and ftp access from Internal to Internal, External and localhost.

I have another protected network that is not in the Internal address range that I want to allow access to Internal only, not External.

If I add that network's range to Internal, it works fine via the existing "web access" rule. But if I create a new definition for that network, and a new rule to allow it to access local host and Internal, the connection is denied to the ISA server by no apparent rule.

The workaround is to put that network's range into Internal and use SurfControl to block access from that network to anything not in a specified custom category. But how can I configure ISA 2004 to allow this network through on its own? I don't understand why the connection is being blocked before it even gets to the rule that should allow it, but the "normal" web access rule works for everyone else?

Thanks
- Adam
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Another newbie question, single NIC model Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts