• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Arrays and CARP

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Arrays and CARP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arrays and CARP - 4.Mar.2003 4:09:00 PM   
zxarr

Hello,

Currently running ISA Server as a caching only solution at 47 remote offices. Each office has a T1 to the head office. At the head office, we have an ISA server set up in Integrated mode. At least 10 of these remote offices will have a lot of HTTP traffic.

There is an array waiting in A/D, but I am reluctant to start adding these servers into the array. The last time I did it, the offices with high HTTP traffic started to share all their information with the rest of the array, causing massive slowdowns over the T1's...

Is there anyway to tell them to ONLY share the information with the Head Office ISA server and still be on one array for easy administration?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Arrays and CARP - 4.Mar.2003 5:04:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Colin,

The remote offices don't need to, nor should they, be members of an caching array - although I suppose you could use enterprise policy for central management without the CARP (I find enterprise policy more trouble than its worth).

What you should do is configure Web Proxy chaining between the downstream Web Proxy servers and the main office.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to zxarr)
Post #: 2
RE: Arrays and CARP - 4.Mar.2003 7:35:00 PM   
zxarr

Hi Tom,

That's what the plan is at the moment, no array and just chain the remote offices to the main office. I was just wondering if it was possible within an array.

Any idea if ISA 2 will have that ability? To tell what cache to share with what servers?

Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by tshinder:
Hi Colin,

The remote offices don't need to, nor should they, be members of an caching array - although I suppose you could use enterprise policy for central management without the CARP (I find enterprise policy more trouble than its worth).

What you should do is configure Web Proxy chaining between the downstream Web Proxy servers and the main office.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to zxarr)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Arrays and CARP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message