• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Authentication Pop-up boxes

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Authentication Pop-up boxes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Authentication Pop-up boxes - 29.Jul.2004 6:23:00 AM   
worthingtonse

I installed ISA 2004 Beta firewall clients on all my XP machines in my Win 2003 domain. However, it seems that almost every time a user goes to use their web browser, a sign-in pop-up box appears. If I do not require authentication, then the boxes disappear but then all the sessions in the sessions tab show as NAT clients or Web clients.

Using the sessions tab I can see what computers are using the internet based on their IP. But, I need to see which user is logged in for the purpose of reporting. It seems to me that since I have a domain and the ISA server is part of that domain, that users should not have to login to the ISA server.

Interestingly, this does not seem to be a problem with my Domain Admin Account. The ISA server does not request a password from me and when I am using the internet it shows a firewall client connection in the sessions tab.

This is my first time using an ISA server and I hope there is an easy solution. Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Authentication Pop-up boxes - 29.Jul.2004 2:13:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Worthington,

You shouldn't be getting log on dialog boxes. Check to make sure the clients are configured as Web Proxy clients.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to worthingtonse)
Post #: 2
RE: Authentication Pop-up boxes - 24.Sep.2004 4:10:00 PM   
I have installed 2004 (not beta) and I have a user getting the same problem. He is one of 5 currently in a test environment for the ISA.

Everyone is XP and he is the only one getting the pop up. I am still plugging away... scratching my head... etc...

I can e-mail anyone an image of the pop up if that will help you help me.

Scott Cantrell
Network Admin

Post #: 3
RE: Authentication Pop-up boxes - 28.Sep.2004 11:14:00 AM   
brman23

i have the same problems; but also only with some clients; but i havent't installed the firewall client at the moment (since the compeltely automated installation of the client doesn't work properly).

Post #: 4
RE: Authentication Pop-up boxes - 28.Sep.2004 1:05:00 PM   
brman23

I also discovered the same problem with machines, that have the firewall client installed; but others who haven't don't have to authenticate seperately;
this of course only happens, if i turn on the "require all users to authenticate" checkbox; if it is turned off, all works properly, but i have anonymous surfers, that i don't want to have to...

any ideas?
regards
Manuel

Post #: 5
RE: Authentication Pop-up boxes - 7.Oct.2004 5:41:00 PM   
mrscheib

I am getting authentication popup if I check the require authentication checkbox. I'm running IE6 configured as a Web Proxy Client. I have the Firewall client installed as well. If I type in a username and password I get on the Internet. If I exit IE and go back in I get the popup again. I need authentication for filtering purposes.

Post #: 6
RE: Authentication Pop-up boxes - 10.Oct.2004 9:51:00 AM   
AlexTN

Check Manually select ISA Server.
Disable Web browser automatic configuration.

Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Authentication Pop-up boxes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts