• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Authentication changed in 2006 ?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Authentication changed in 2006 ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Authentication changed in 2006 ? - 3.Oct.2006 10:54:20 AM   
djcoax

Yesterday i upgraded all 4 corporate firewalls from ISA 2004 to ISA 2006.

I published our corporate Sharepoint Portal , and since then users from outside the network have to authenticate all the time.
When they put in their password , the server keeps asking for their credentials. After the first login they usually start to cancel the further logins and all the content simply pops up. No problem.

I want to get rid of all the authentication requests and let them authenticate once ...

What is going on here and what can i do about it ...
Post #: 1
RE: Authentication changed in 2006 ? - 3.Oct.2006 2:49:30 PM   
tshinder

Hi DJ,

Are you using SSL to SSL bridging?

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to djcoax)
Post #: 2
RE: Authentication changed in 2006 ? - 3.Oct.2006 3:08:52 PM   
djcoax

Hello Tom

No ,  i work for a consultancy firm and the problem is that we have a lot of consultants working for a load of different companies. Each with their own firewalls. So management chose (poor decision i know) to go for basic http authentication. So that's what we're using.

I twiddled a bit with the authentication tab on the http web listener and chose integrated authentication. The users tell me they are now presented with an isa 2006 webpage where they have to authenticate. Then they have to authenticate again. In ISA2004 they just had the second authentication screen.

It's really frustrating when you can't configure a part of the connection you want to establish.

By the way : when is that ISA 2006 book coming out ? The 2004 has served me as a bible

< Message edited by djcoax -- 3.Oct.2006 3:54:39 PM >

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Authentication changed in 2006 ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts