• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Backup mssql$msfw MSDE instance

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Backup mssql$msfw MSDE instance Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Backup mssql$msfw MSDE instance - 29.Nov.2004 3:40:00 PM   
zarborg

I'm trying to backup the MSDE instance that installed as part of the ISA 2004 setup. I was not asked during install whether I wanted to use Windows or SQL authentication "[Frown]" and I can not seem to find anywhere how it was setup.
I opened the protocol Microsoft SQL (TCP) from my backup server to localhost, but I can not seem to connect to the server using the SQL Enterprise manager like I can to any other MSDE instance in my company. My logs show the connection opening and then closing instead of being blocked.
Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I would like to backup the database using my Veritas NetBackup, but even that client can't seem to find the instance on the server when trying to connect locally.
Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: Backup mssql$msfw MSDE instance - 1.Dec.2004 1:34:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Zarborg,

You don't need to backup the database files. Just back up the log summaries.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to zarborg)
Post #: 2
RE: Backup mssql$msfw MSDE instance - 1.Dec.2004 1:52:00 PM   
zarborg

Thanks for that, but what if I wanted to do a full recovery on the server in case of a disaster? I would think that it is easier to recover the entire system to a working state rather than have to reinstall and restore the ISA backup? Or is the MSDE just for log files and no configuration data is stored on that server? If so, I think I'll move the logging database over to a real SQL server so I don't have to worry about MSDE and slammer worms...

What are your thoughts?

(in reply to zarborg)
Post #: 3
RE: Backup mssql$msfw MSDE instance - 9.Jul.2014 6:47:04 AM   
ambernielsen

Mostly business IT companies depend to make database on MS SQL server database, its very difficult problem if database get corrupt due to any reason. So have suggest you free trail and best tool for SQL server corruption and deleted database.

Visit here:- http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/sql-database-recovery-software.html

(in reply to zarborg)
Post #: 4
RE: Backup mssql$msfw MSDE instance - 27.Jan.2015 9:33:11 PM   
acmemb

hi, new here today and it is nice to see your post here, but actually, I can't help you that much in this issue, if you want some beautiful rhinestone transfer design, welcome to contact us.

(in reply to zarborg)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Backup mssql$msfw MSDE instance Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts