• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Bit Torrent client Azureus working trough ISA Server 2000

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Bit Torrent client Azureus working trough ISA Server 2000 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bit Torrent client Azureus working trough ISA Server 2000 - 28.Oct.2004 10:52:00 PM   
dotmax

Ok guys, I think I found a solution (at least To me...) to connect a bit torrent client (azureus) trought ISA Server 2000
with a firewall client.I'm quite new on this stuff so, I will try to detail what i did. But, anyway,
I think I just got lucky.

Here what I did:
download your azureus client. Install it.

1.Go to "Isa managment" on the program folder, stat it.

2.Go to the "extensions" menu on the lower left pane, enable the "HTTP Redirector Filter"

3.Go to the "server and arrays", and under it, open up the properties of your server.

4.In "Outgoing Web Requests" enable ther SSL listeners and uncheck "Ask unauthorized users for identification" after that click in "edit". Check "basic with this domain" and put there your domain name. Apply it, and go to "Access Policy" and "Site Content Rules", open the propertites of "allow rules" and in the pane "Applies to" check the "any request".

5.Go to "Police Elements", "Protocol Definition", create create 2 protocols definitions

1.* Port Number = (you decide, better a one above 45000)
* Protocol Type = TCP
* Direction= Outbound

2.* Port Number = (use the same one you used in the first rule)
* Protocol Type = TCP
* Direction = Inbound

6. Go to "Publishing", "Server Publishing Rules" and Publish a server:

ip address internal server: Use the IP of the machine that your azureus client is installed.

Ip address on ISA server: Use your internet Ip.

On "Apply the rule to this protocol" choose name of the second protocol you have creted on "Protocol Definition".

Apply this rule to any request.

7.Close the "Isa Managment" go to the "Windows Control Panel", "Administrative Tools", "Services". Go to "Microsoft ISA Server Control" and restart it.

8.Start up your azureus client, in "view", select "configuration".

9. On "server", on "incoming TCP lostening port" put the port you have choosen in "protocols definitions"

10. Check "Enable UDP tracker..."

11. On "bind to bind to local ip address" put the ip address of the machine where the Azureus client is installed.

12. Check "Enable Proxy"

13. On "host" put the name of you proxy server, and in "port" put the number of your web proxy port.

Save it, and restart Azureus.

14.In the main pane of Azureus, choose "my tracker" and write down the ports of your trackers.

15. Go back to the "Isa managment", open it again.

16. Go to "Police Elements", "Protocol Definition", create outbound protocols definitions for all the ports
you wrote down from the trackers...

After this my client is running Ok. I hope this might help someone besides me.

I really woudl like to thank <Wazzup> and Groofster, the one that taught me to keep it simple...
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Bit Torrent client Azureus working trough ISA Server 2000 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts