• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Blocking Group Policy Setting

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Blocking Group Policy Setting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blocking Group Policy Setting - 3.Oct.2005 8:57:00 AM   
zodiaczz

Hello,

I have a customer that has most of his clients presently as just SecureNAT clients (no Firewall Client installed). The client has a group polic setting in the user configuration of group policy that enables proxy setting with a few addresses entered in the exceptions.

Everything works fine, all the users seem to have no issues getting the settings from Group policy.

My problem is there is a couple machines that do have the firewall Client installed, these two machines are not getting the group policy settings. I am presuming it must be the client that is blocking them some how? Any ideas?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Blocking Group Policy Setting - 3.Oct.2005 9:43:00 AM   
LLigetfa

GPOs can be ACL'd but I doubt that is the case. The FWC cannot block a GPO but it can change the IE proxy settings effectively overwriting what the GPO did. Set the FWC to not configure the browser if you want the GPO to do it.

(in reply to zodiaczz)
Post #: 2
RE: Blocking Group Policy Setting - 3.Oct.2005 10:09:00 AM   
zodiaczz

Thanks,

So I am presuming in this case, since the machines are on the internal side I right click the internal network, properties, go into the Firewall Client Tab and uncheck the Use a Web Proxy Server tab?

I see on the client itself it is greyed out, probably grabbing the settings from the ISA.

This the correct process?

Thanks again for your help

(in reply to zodiaczz)
Post #: 3
RE: Blocking Group Policy Setting - 3.Oct.2005 10:32:00 AM   
LLigetfa

You are in the right place. I guess that'd depend on whether the other two options are selected or not. [Razz]

(in reply to zodiaczz)
Post #: 4
RE: Blocking Group Policy Setting - 3.Oct.2005 10:44:00 AM   
zodiaczz

Thanks, I removed it from the Firewall, seems to take time to go down to the client, so I just logged on to the client and removed it manually to test it. Thanks A lot

(in reply to zodiaczz)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Blocking Group Policy Setting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts