• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cache Problems

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Cache Rules >> Cache Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cache Problems - 23.Mar.2004 4:32:00 AM   
alone_man_81

hi everybody
i have a trouble that when my ISA2004-server start s, in alert tab I see a warnning " Cache failed to initialize properly. Caching will be disabled. The error code in the Data area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure. (internal code 503.286.4.0.1872.0). Identify the specific reason for failure from previous relevant event logs. Fix the problem and restart the Web Proxy service to enable caching. "
I dont know how to solve this problem ?
please help me
Post #: 1
RE: Cache Problems - 23.Mar.2004 12:06:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi tranchienhoangtan,

How large is the cache file? How much free space is on the drive?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to alone_man_81)
Post #: 2
RE: Cache Problems - 29.Mar.2005 7:29:00 PM   
avanheel

Hi to all,

Well i have the same problem over here for a month now and nothing seems to work.

the error code is:
Description: The cache was not properly initialized. caching will be disabled (internal code 503.285.4.0.2163.213). Identify the specific reason for the failure from previous relevant event logs. Fix the problem, and then restart the Firewall service to enable caching.
The failure is due to error: A cluster resource failed.

The config is:
W2k3 Enth. edition
ISA 2004 std edition (Sp1)
This server is a member of a domain
Mem: 1 Gb

Free space on C: 10 Gb
Free space on D: 20 Gb
Installed folder D:\Programs\ISA....
it's a 3-Leg Perimeter configuration
The Cache should be stored on D:
i treid diffrent cache sizes from 100 MB to 5 Gb

The folder D:\URLCache is created by ISA server.
(C:\URLCache gives the same results)
the permissions on that folder:
Administrator (Full)
Administrators (Full)
Network Services (Full)
System (Full)
this is set by isa server it self so this should be just fine i supposed.
there is nothing in this folder.

I even uninstalled the virusscanner, and reinstalled the ISA Server in case of currupt loggings or blocks from the AV.

I looked at MS, nothing i can find about this problem.

even installing SP1 for ISA2004 wasn't solving this problem.

The whole server is running just fine and its doing what it supossed to do except caching.

I hope someone nows this kind of problem and more important how to solve this, becauce it's drives me crazy.

With kind regard,

AvanHeel

[ March 29, 2005, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: avanheel ]

Post #: 3
RE: Cache Problems - 23.Apr.2005 2:05:00 PM   
jfmuse

ISA Cache issues....

I am having the same problem with the caching on my ISA servers. I have disabled antivirus since I thought that was causing it based on this article http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;887311#kb1. I even unistalled the antivirus but the ISA server's "microsoft web proxy" servers just stops working. There is no indication of an issue in the event logs. I just attempt to web out from the Server by using my web browser to proxy to the server and I get page can not be displayed. I am unable to stop the server I have to disable the server then apply then stop it then set the service back to automatic then start it. I have the symptoms described in the KB article above. If any one has solved this is please let me know.

Thanks,
James

Post #: 4
RE: Cache Problems - 28.Apr.2005 2:55:00 PM   
ChristenTA

Hi guys,

In my case it was File Security on the Cache Drive. Because of some reasons the user which did the install was the owner of the cache file.

i am still working on that issues.

Temporarly allow everyone full controll to the cache partition fixed my problem for the time beeing

cheers

Post #: 5
RE: Cache Problems - 11.May2005 8:14:00 AM   
Initially, the service ˘Microsoft Firewall÷ was started under ˘Network Service÷ account,
This will cause problem on cache driver later on.

Solution:Start the service ˘Microsoft Firewall÷ using ˘administrator÷

DUC-HOA

Post #: 6
RE: Cache Problems - 11.May2005 8:17:00 AM   
duc-hoa

Initially, the service ˘Microsoft Firewall÷ was started under ˘Network Service÷ account,

Post #: 7
RE: Cache Problems - 11.May2005 8:18:00 AM   
duc-hoa

Post #: 8
RE: Cache Problems - 30.May2005 2:55:00 AM   
Hi all,

The following solution worked fine for me.
I will configure the cache on D:
The "user" NETWORK SERVICE has to have full controll in the root directory of the filesystem on which the cache will be configured (in my case D:\)
After that, configure the cache and you wil see that in the urlcache directory, a file is created.
You probably can also change the login account for the firewall service, as suggested in a previous thread, but I didn't try that.

Greetingz

Post #: 9
RE: Cache Problems - 2.Jun.2005 4:53:00 PM   
avanheel

quote:
Originally posted by <hengelo>:
Hi all,

The following solution worked fine for me.
I will configure the cache on D:
The "user" NETWORK SERVICE has to have full controll in the root directory of the filesystem on which the cache will be configured (in my case D:\)
After that, configure the cache and you wil see that in the urlcache directory, a file is created.
You probably can also change the login account for the firewall service, as suggested in a previous thread, but I didn't try that.

Greetingz

Thxs Hengelo,

Your solution works for me too

i tried to run the service under the administrator account, but then a ran in other problem(s). i gets the errror messages saying that i have insufficient rights to run live logging, and cant see the warning pages annymore, the cach on the other hands works fine, but it was an unwanted situation for me.

well when i give the Network Services on the root drive full controll evrythings work fine now, finnally Cache is working and even the rest of the ISA is still working fine.

Thnx for evreyone who's make a tribute to let this work properly.

kind regard,

A van Heel

[ June 02, 2005, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: avanheel ]

Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Cache Rules >> Cache Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts