• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Call routing rules and DNS record

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Call routing rules and DNS record Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Call routing rules and DNS record - 24.Apr.2002 11:50:00 AM   
chang

Excuse me!

The problem I wanna ask is still configurations in the scenario of LAN-to-LAN call.
My ISA servers havn't FQDN, and their external Addresses may be dynamic.
Should I configure phone number rules, or email rules, or either? And how to configure? In case of email, how to configure 'Host use this service' in DNS Q931 record?

Thanks very much!
Post #: 1
RE: Call routing rules and DNS record - 25.Apr.2002 12:39:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Chang,

If both Gatekeepers have dynamically assigned addresses and there is no FQDN, then there is no way you can get it to work.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to chang)
Post #: 2
RE: Call routing rules and DNS record - 25.Apr.2002 10:06:00 AM   
chang

Two computers installed ISA server connect to internet via ADSL.
Is it real that I have no way?

Oh...My God!

(in reply to chang)
Post #: 3
RE: Call routing rules and DNS record - 25.Apr.2002 5:41:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Chang,

It can't work because there is no consistent way to communicate with one another. If the IP address changes, you can use a hard coded IP address. One way around the dyanamic address is to use a FQDN, but if you don't have that, then how can the servers ever find one another?

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to chang)
Post #: 4
RE: Call routing rules and DNS record - 26.Apr.2002 3:11:00 AM   
chang

Then how can I use hard coded IP addresses?
Can you give me an example?
Thx!

[ April 26, 2002, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: chang ]

(in reply to chang)
Post #: 5
RE: Call routing rules and DNS record - 27.Apr.2002 5:05:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Chang,

I you use dedicated IP addresses, you can create a Destination using the IP address of the gateway.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to chang)
Post #: 6
RE: Call routing rules and DNS record - 28.Apr.2002 3:53:00 AM   
chang

Supposing that the local ISA server's addresses are 10.1.1.1 (internal) and 66.111.22.33 (external), and the remote ISA server's external address are 66.111.44.55, how should i configure?
Host A used by me registers on the local ISA server's GK with phone number 79318.
Host B is behind the remote ISA server, and registers on its GK with phone number 50241.
Because NetMeeting registers on GK, I cannot place gateway-based outgoing calls. How should I place calls to host B?
Thx!

(in reply to chang)
Post #: 7
RE: Call routing rules and DNS record - 29.Apr.2002 11:50:00 AM   
rdonoff

Although your systems may not have a static IP, and may not have a FQDN from your ISP, all you have to do is use one of the many Dynamic DNS providers out there, such as:
http://www.no-ip.com
http://www.dyndns.org/

Once you have created an account, downloaded and installed the update utility, and also created the appropriate protocol filter in ISA server to allow it to update the dynamic DNS server, you will end up with a FQDN in the format such as:
<yournamehere>.no-ip.com

All you then have to do is create a gateway with the other systems dynamic DNS FQDN, and then create an appropriate rule to route calls for specific telephone numbers or email addresses to that remote gateway.

Russell

(in reply to chang)
Post #: 8
RE: Call routing rules and DNS record - 29.Apr.2002 5:31:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Russell,

Exactly! Although I prefer www.tzo.com, any of these dynamic DNS service will solve the FQDN problem.

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to chang)
Post #: 9
RE: Call routing rules and DNS record - 30.Apr.2002 4:05:00 AM   
chang

Hi tshinder & Russell,

I had registered one FQDN xxxx.no-ip.com.
And I wanna ask some questions about routing rules.

Pls help me check the following procedures.

1. Create a destination as gateway using the internal IP address of the local ISA server (for example 10.11.22.1). Is this necessary?

2. Create a destination as gateway using the FQDN of the remote ISA server (xxx2.no-ip.com).

3. Create a phone number rule with an appropriate prefix (for example 571) to the remote gateway destination.

4. Use NetMeeting to place phone number calls, for example 57185024, 85024 is registered by one client on the remote ISA server's gk.

In case of using email rules, I have few ideas of configurations of ISA server computer and NetMeeting call method. Can you help me?

Thanks very much!

(in reply to chang)
Post #: 10
RE: Call routing rules and DNS record - 30.Apr.2002 5:17:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Chang,

Sounds good! If it sounds like we're not being that helpful, its because configuring the H.323 is rather complex and usually requires a lot of trial and error to get things right. The only way I could really confidently tell you how to set things up, step by step, is to put together your scenario and test it out. I could do that, but then I would need to get a consulting fee [Big Grin]

Don't be frustrated. H.323 always takes a while to get working. But once you figure it out, it will continue to work and you'll be very happy [Smile]

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to chang)
Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Call routing rules and DNS record Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts