• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can't send/receive email from outside my network

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Can't send/receive email from outside my network Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't send/receive email from outside my network - 17.Jun.2009 3:53:41 PM   
ramadji

Hello,

I have Exchange Server 2007 running on a Windows Server 2008. Exchange is published  via ISA Server 2006 in a back topology (ISA box sits behind a SonicWall firewall). I'm able to send and receive email internally ( on the LAN) but I'm not able to do it with the outside world. I can access OWA fine from outside. Every time I send an email to a recipients, for example, @ GMail, Yahoo,... I get      " Delivery has failed to these recipient(s) or distribution list(s)" and the diagnostic information mentions:
#550 4.4.7 QUEUE.Expired; message expired ##

The error message doesn't say much so it's not easy to find the source of the problem.

I have both send connectors and receive connectors set up on my Exchange Server. On the ISA Server, the web listener, Publishing Rule,...look fine.
Is there something that I'm missing in my configuration and set up? Has anybody experienced a similar problem and how was it solved? The rough diagram of my network is as follow:

LAN----------ISA Server 2006------SonicWall Pro 4060-------Internet

Thanks in advance for any hint, tip that may help me troubleshoot my mail server.

Best regards,
Ramadji Doumnande
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
RE: Can't send/receive email from outside my network - 18.Jun.2009 9:51:24 AM   
inderjeet

Make sure you have an access rule from internal to external allowing atleast HTTP, SMTP, DNS for Mail server to work properly.

How is your Exchange server configured to resolve public names? If your Exchange server is configured as SecurNAT client then your internal DNS Server should have a forwarder set to the ISPs DNS Servers.

Can you resolve the public names on the Exchange servers?

Inderjeet (MSFT)
My Blog: http://isingh.spaces.live.com

If you are a Microsoft Gold Partner, Contact us for Advisory/Consulting Services, Check https://partner.microsoft.com/US/supportsecurity/40012316

(in reply to ramadji)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't send/receive email from outside my network - 18.Jun.2009 1:39:01 PM   
ramadji

I have just created access rules from Internal to External to allow SMTP and DNS traffic to go through the ISA Server. HTTP and HTTPS access are also allowed acess.

Yes, the Exchange box is configured as a SecureNAT ( ISA's Internal IP as gateway) and the internal DNS servers use the ISP's DNS servers as forwarders.

I can run nslookup from the Exchange boxes but when I ping public names( yahoo.com, google.com, isaserver.org,...) on the Exchange Servers I get a time out. Do I need to allow access to PING on the ISA box? I'm able to ping any public names from non-SecureNAT boxes.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Ramadji Doumnande
Washington, DC

(in reply to inderjeet)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't send/receive email from outside my network - 19.Jun.2009 2:56:59 PM   
inderjeet

Yes, you need to allow PING explicitly

Inderjeet (MSFT)
My Blog: http://isingh.spaces.live.com

If you are a Microsoft Gold Partner, Contact us for Advisory/Consulting Services, Check https://partner.microsoft.com/US/supportsecurity/40012316

(in reply to ramadji)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Can't send/receive email from outside my network Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts