• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can this be done?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Can this be done? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can this be done? - 26.Jan.2006 10:02:34 AM   
Arkane78

We're running ISA 2004 as a caching webproxy only.
We've turned on logging via MSDE and log every field it can in both the firewall logs and the webclient logs.

We work in a school and our internet usage is quite high, we also have a 3rd party (local authority supplied) filtering program that is web-based only (has no way to export anything).

We want to log websites that the users access, I know ISA can do this natively however our needs are a little more advanced than this.

We want to be able to search the logs for internet access, however we DON'T want sites that are deemed 'good' or 'non-questionable', nor do we want sites that get blocked by our upstream filter.
We only want to view site accesses to sites that aren't approved or directly blocked.

I'm not sure if ISA can do this directly or if a 3rd party tool would be better for this.

What *could* be done (but not preferred) is set the logging to text file and then create a parser that extracts 'questionable' sites from the logs into a seperate file and then we simply browse that file.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations that might help us get closer to our goal?
Post #: 1
RE: Can this be done? - 15.Feb.2006 8:52:15 AM   
scottstickells

Have a look at a product called WebSpy, it can import the MSDE databases and give you all the detailed reporting on where users have been etc and can also categorize web sites for you as well (you can fully customize it).  You can download a trial from http://www.webspy.com

Scott

(in reply to Arkane78)
Post #: 2
RE: Can this be done? - 17.Oct.2006 8:08:43 PM   
Feight

I'm after a similar thing...basically something to customise reports from ISA traffic logs. i.e. something that generates a report that can filter out specific websites or users etc.

However is there a free application available?

(in reply to scottstickells)
Post #: 3
RE: Can this be done? - 16.Nov.2006 12:38:21 AM   
zazaz

Hi all,
Why don't u used gfi web monitoring? www.gfi.com

thx

(in reply to Feight)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Can this be done? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts