• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cannot apply configuration changes after install

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Cannot apply configuration changes after install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot apply configuration changes after install - 23.Feb.2006 10:28:13 PM   
tams81

Hi I've installed ISA 2004 on Win Server 2003 and applied relevant Service packs, after the install I try to apply a change that I have made and it tells me that some of the services failed to load the change and that I should look in the evnt viewer for more information.  However there is no further information in the event viewer, has anyone seen this before?

Thx,
Tam
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot apply configuration changes after install - 24.Feb.2006 12:13:03 PM   
tshinder

HI Tam,

What services didn't load?

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to tams81)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot apply configuration changes after install - 25.Feb.2006 8:22:33 PM   
tams81

Hi Tom,
         Thats the funny thing, it did not specify what services didn't load.  It only said that certain services did not load the changes, however they were set in the ISA2004 Management console.  I installed ISA many times and the same thing happened, however I loaded ISA with another installation CD and bingo all changes could be applied no problem.  It looks as if the problem lay in the media.......  I wonder if anyone has seen anything like that before?  Thanks for your help Tom.

Tam

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot apply configuration changes after install - 25.Feb.2006 10:12:10 PM   
ClintD

This is a common problem and is typically caused by the 'Network Service' account not having the 'Right' to 'Generate Security Audits' in either the Local or Domain policy.

1. In AD Users and Computers, go to the Default Domain Policy and select Edit.

2. Expand Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local
Policies, click User Rights Assignment.

3. In the right pane, double-click Generate security audits, make sure
NETWORK SERVICE and LOCAL SERVICE are listed. If not, add them.

Close Group Policy Object Editor and restart the ISA Server.

It appears that you already solved this though.

(in reply to tams81)
Post #: 4
RE: Cannot apply configuration changes after install - 26.Feb.2006 4:44:42 AM   
tams81

Hi Clint,
         Installing ISA with different media seemed to resolve my issue.....  However I will note what you have said and use it for future reference... Back to the world of virtual reality on Monday.....  God help us return to naturalness......   Peace

Thanks for your help

Tam

(in reply to tams81)
Post #: 5
RE: Cannot apply configuration changes after install - 1.Mar.2006 9:16:07 PM   
tshinder

Hi Clint and Tam,

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to tams81)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Cannot apply configuration changes after install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts