I have an ISA 2006 server and an Exchange 2003 SP2 server. I have published Exchange Web Client Access through the ISA server. The two things I am trying to accomplish are: 1) Outlook Web Access 2) ActiveSync access for Windows Mobile 5 pda devices. My Publishing Rule is setup to use Basic Authentication. On my Web Listener, the Client Authentication Method is FBA - Windows (Active Directory).
To test my setup, I logged into https://mail.myserver.com/exchange. I get the login form and I entered domain\username and password. After a minute or so, it comes back with the following message: "You could not be logged on to ISA Server. Make sure that your domain name, user name, and password are correct, and then try again." I went back to the ISA server and looked in the Event Log for any errors regarding this. There weren't any errors logged. I am not able to figure out what is causing this.
One thing to note, in case this may be somehow causing this. Originally, when I installed the ISA software on the server, that server was a member of a workgroup. The plan was to keep the ISA server off of the domain. I setup a web listener to use FBA with LDAP to authenticate and couldn't get that to work. It was suggested that I join the ISA server to the domain, to simplify things. Well, the ISA server is now on the domain. I changed the authentication to FBA with Windows (Active Directory). The login does not work. This is where I am now.