• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Changing Domain Controllers

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Changing Domain Controllers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing Domain Controllers - 10.Mar.2003 4:15:00 PM   
zxarr

Hello all,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the domain controller that an ISA server is 'attached' to.

If I look under 'Servers and Arrays', 'Array Name', 'Servers', next to my server it states a domain controller. This Domain Controller is not at the same site the ISA server is. Is there an easy way to change it?

Thanks... "[Smile]"
Post #: 1
RE: Changing Domain Controllers - 11.Mar.2003 6:55:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Colin,

I've never noticed that column before. The one I'm looking at now is blank. Got to wonder what the heck that column is means!

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to zxarr)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing Domain Controllers - 11.Mar.2003 11:15:00 AM   
jmjarvis

Hey Colin,

The domain controller field relates to which DC is used by ISA for any communication in the domain e.g. schema updates. You can see different DC's in this field if you have more than one.

If you mean AD sites and ISA is pointing to the wrong DC in the wrong site then you need to do the following:

1) Uninstall ISA
2) Create the new site
3) Create entries for your ISA servers in the correct site.
4) Re-install ISA

ISA will then be forced to talk to the DC's in its site rather than broadcasting out and waiting for whoever answers the quickest.

There are registry keys I believe that could be changed so that you don't have to uninstall ISA BUT I wouldn't recommend it.

HTH

Jas.

[ March 11, 2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Jason Jarvis ]

(in reply to zxarr)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Changing Domain Controllers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts