• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Combat Flight Sim 2

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Combat Flight Sim 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Combat Flight Sim 2 - 12.Dec.2001 9:05:00 PM   
tshinder

Hey guys,

I finally gave in and got a game Flight Sim 2. Of course, it doesn't work with the Gaming Zone

My setup:

SecureNAT client
Firewall client
Web Proxy client

All Open Protocol Rule for Domain Admins
HTTP Redirector configured to forward requests directly to the server

T1 connection to the Internet.

I will humbly accept any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

Post #: 1
RE: Combat Flight Sim 2 - 13.Dec.2001 7:18:00 AM   
JaimeP

Hi Tom.. CFS2 uses DirectPlay. Please follow the directions on the game list (url under my sig) and then it should work for you if you have an "all" rule on. Since the lobbies on the Internet Gaming Zone use a different port number every time the system is rebooted, theres no way to always know what port it will use.. Yeah, I know...convenient. heh. Give that a try and let me know Tom.

------------------
-JaimeP
ISA Server Game/Apps Port List

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 2
RE: Combat Flight Sim 2 - 13.Dec.2001 8:06:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Jaime,

Thanks!

I'll setup the config and let you know how it works.

HIH (Hope It Helps )

Tom

------------------

Get It Here!

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Combat Flight Sim 2 - 14.Dec.2001 11:44:00 AM   
Cyber_Max

I have not tested with this game, but since you mentioned DirectPlay, i thought i should put in a note (or two)..

Are you to say that ALL directPlay games work? Or is it just some games that work? Read a post from someone saying that the voice/video function of Messenger 4.x in XP also used "DirectPlay", thus having problems initiating this through a ISA server..

What i am getting at here is : I think DirectPlay "by nature" works, i have used the DP test under "DirectX Diagnostic" to another machine elswere on the internet (@ work) It worked fine, so the "testresult" of DirectPlay was fine.. but i have yet to be able to initiate video from behind the isa server, and to get the game OperationFlashPoint to work..

Could it be that games/programs that uses other ports (OFP - 2234, MSM - 1831++) and uses the DirectPlay somehow gets confused and do not work as intended? Ie. If a game like OFP connects to port 2234 on a server, and THEN tries to open up a directplay session.. something goes wrong? Msmessenger open up a connection to 1831, and then tries directplay.. it misses?

CyberMax

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 4
RE: Combat Flight Sim 2 - 14.Dec.2001 5:55:00 PM   
tshinder

Hey guys,

Well, I tried the settings for DirectPlay located on the Gaming page. Set the Protocol Definition and the mspclnt.ini settings. Refreshed my mspclnt.ini and confirmed that the settings replicated to the local machine by examining the file.

The error I get when I try to join the gaming zone CFS2 games is "DP2 Error". I suppose that means something when whacky with DirectPlay 2 (although I admit I wasn't aware there was more than one version

Its not biggie because I keep myself entertained by playing this great game by myself. I was just curious what it would be like to play with other people in the Zone.

If Jaime or anyone else discovers that magic potion, please let me know! I'll send you a gift like a can of Altoids or something

Thanks!

Tom

------------------

Get It Here!

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 5
RE: Combat Flight Sim 2 - 16.Dec.2001 9:52:00 AM   
JaimeP

Hm, I'll have to give this a try and see what happens. I'll see if I have time tomorrow to try this out. You're going into the Internet Gaming Zone lobby and joining a room to play from there right? I'll try that as well and see what happens.

------------------
-JaimeP

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 6
RE: Combat Flight Sim 2 - 16.Dec.2001 8:55:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Jaime,

That's right. I go to the Gaming Zone and then get into the lobby. I click the button that allows me to join the game, and then program loads on its own. The program loads for about 2 minutes, and then there's an error saying that DP2 failed.

Thanks for any insights you might have!

Tom

------------------

Get It Here!

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 7
RE: Combat Flight Sim 2 - 17.Dec.2001 11:03:00 AM   
JaimeP

Hi Tom.. Got some good news for ya..

You still have to have everything set up as I described before except one addition.

To your DirectPlay protocol definition, add this to the secondaries that are already there:

Port: 0 UDP Receive

After a few sniffs, I pulled this trick out of my hat. When the game launches, it still takes a while to get in and just as you think its going to give you that error again it finally makes it into the game.

Let me know how this works for ya Tom! I'll have to update the DirectPlay protocol on my list with this addition.

------------------
-JaimeP

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 8
RE: Combat Flight Sim 2 - 20.Dec.2001 1:49:00 AM   
JaimeP

Wow Tom, two days have passed and I thought you would have tried this by now. You must be caught up in the crazy Christmas rush. :-)

------------------
-JaimeP

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 9
RE: Combat Flight Sim 2 - 20.Dec.2001 5:03:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Jaime,

Ha! I made the changes a couple of days ago, and it didn't work right away, but I know that sometimes if I let the changes "settle down" sometimes they work. In this case it didn't.

However, I do get a different error message. This time instead of it telling me that it can't create the DP2 interface, it says that it has trouble connecting through the lobby.

Have been busy with Christmas stuff, though

Thanks!

Tom

------------------

Get It Here!

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 10
RE: Combat Flight Sim 2 - 30.Dec.2001 1:37:00 AM   
JaimeP

Hi Tom.. Did you make sure that you had your ALL rule on? Because all I did was turen the all rule on, have the direct play stuff on and then add the UDP 0 Incoming. It all them worked fine. When I get back into Washington I'll try it out again and let you know if I didnt tell you something. In fact, I'll make a script for it when I get home. hehe

------------------
-JaimeP

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 11
RE: Combat Flight Sim 2 - 31.Dec.2001 2:12:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Jaime,

Well, that gives me hope that it will work

The All Open Protocol Rule is on

Machine configured as Web Proxy, Firewall and SecureNAT client.

No authentication required for outbound access of any type.

mspclnt.ini settings configured per instructions

Protocol Rule with secondary connections configured, including the UDP 0 inbound

Thanks for the help!

Tom

------------------

Get It Here!

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 12
RE: Combat Flight Sim 2 - 31.Dec.2001 9:54:00 PM   
JaimeP

Yeah thats wierd. I had it all workin great. I'll make a .vbs script with all my settings for ya like I said when I get back home.

------------------
-JaimeP

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 13

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Combat Flight Sim 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts