• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Concurrent session with a single account

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Concurrent session with a single account Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Concurrent session with a single account - 13.May2001 6:10:00 AM   
alikhoshbin

hi all
I'm new in your discussion list.I hope to get involved in your discussions.I want to know if there is a way to control only single session with a single account in ISA SRV or not.excuse me if I've not posted this in its right order.
thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Concurrent session with a single account - 13.May2001 7:47:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Alikhoshbin,

I'm not sure what you want to do here. Can you give an example of what you want to do?

Thanks!

Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get it Here!

(in reply to alikhoshbin)
Post #: 2
RE: Concurrent session with a single account - 13.May2001 3:12:00 PM   
alikhoshbin

hi tom
I'll give an example
I have defined user accounts in Active Directory & made them members in firewall2k(ISA),now I made a test & discovered that I can login to ISA Srv from 2 different stations with a single account .I want to restrict these accesses but don't know how .
please help me
your new friend Ali Khoshbin
quote:
Originally posted by tshinder:
Hi Alikhoshbin,

I'm not sure what you want to do here. Can you give an example of what you want to do?

Thanks!

Tom

Post #: 3
RE: Concurrent session with a single account - 15.May2001 8:31:00 AM   
alikhoshbin

I want to restrict concurrent sessions with a single account which a single account couldn't make more than one connection via firewall at a time.how must i accomplish this ? do i need an extra software
quote:
Originally posted by alikhoshbin:
hi tom
I'll give an example
I have defined user accounts in Active Directory & made them members in firewall2k(ISA),now I made a test & discovered that I can login to ISA Srv from 2 different stations with a single account .I want to restrict these accesses but don't know how .
please help me

Post #: 4
RE: Concurrent session with a single account - 15.May2001 1:35:00 PM   
alikhoshbin

hi tom again
I want to restrict concurrent session with a single account simultaneously. I mean that whenever a user logs in to ISA SRV to be connected to internet no one else should be able to use the same ID & Password for logging via ISA .IS it possible to control only one session with a single account via ISA2k or there is a need to extra software.please let me know
your new friend/ali khoshbin
quote:
hi tom
I'll give an example
please help me

Post #: 5
RE: Concurrent session with a single account - 15.May2001 5:02:00 PM   
tshinder

quote:
hi tom
I'll give an example
please help me

Hi Ali,

If the account has permission to use the outbound web requests listener, there isn't a way for your to limit the account to a single machine.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder

Get it Here!

[This message has been edited by tshinder (edited 15 May 2001).]

Post #: 6
RE: Concurrent session with a single account - 16.May2001 6:50:00 AM   
alikhoshbin

hi again
ezxcuse me for asking such ordinary questions but I think that anyone is not experted in the begining .I didn't catch your answer therefore I'll ask my question once more with example.I want to know how I as an administrator who is using ISA2k as an firewall can restrict users not to get connected to internet with a single account,now we're using Linux & we've installed a program that only 1 user can get connected to internet with his account no one else with his account concurrently but as we're testing ISA to use it instead of linux I must make sure that only one person with his account should be connected not other users with the same account simultaneously ,is it possible or not?

Post #: 7
RE: Concurrent session with a single account - 17.May2001 4:54:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Ali,

You cannot do this with ISA Server, from what I understand. This is true for all Windows based network operating systems.

However, if anyone has any other ideas, I'd be glad to hear them!

HTH,
Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder

Get it Here!

Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Concurrent session with a single account Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts