• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Configuring the message screener

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> Configuring the message screener Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Configuring the message screener - 19.Apr.2002 2:15:00 PM   
perryhs

I am unable to configure the message screener as described in the learning zone because I use Back Office server 2000. I unwittingly used the multi-server wizard to install Back Office long ago and the message screener was automatically installed on the same machine with the ISA server. Exchange 2000 is on another machine with IIS 5. The problem is that I cannot move the message screener from the ISA machine to the Excahange machine because any move to do this is blocked by the multi-server installation wizard which locks the servers and prevents any further change in the installation setup. I cannot install SMTP on the ISA server either, because it cannot redirect mail to our internal server (because all mail from the Internat is sent to the server with the host name which hosts the ISA server - our actual mail server has another name entirely). So my question is does anyone know how to undo the effects of the multi-server wizard so as to unblock the installation of the screener on our exchange server?
Post #: 1
RE: Configuring the message screener - 19.Apr.2002 7:17:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Phs,

You don't have to run the Message Screener on a relay server. You can run it on the Exchange Server, or the ISA Server (better on the Exchange Server than the ISA Server). I just haven't written the article yet; but I have done this for organizations that require this functionality. Its just that time is limited [Big Grin]

However, I can always be commissioned to write White Papers and documentation for your organization. Write to me at tshinder@isaserver.org if you're interested.

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to perryhs)
Post #: 2
RE: Configuring the message screener - 26.Aug.2002 11:28:00 PM   
Britt Landrum

Phs,

I am also running BackOffice 2000 and I have gotten the 3 server config to work. You just have to install ISA in its "native" install mode (rather than the multi-server install) on the server that is running IIS. There are instructions on how to do this along with a valid CD installation key in the readme.doc file in the root directory on the 1st CD. IMHO, that would not be violating the multi-server agreement since you are not installing any ISA services on another server - just the filter configs for IIS...but don't quote me on that! [Wink]

Good luck!

Britt Landrum

(in reply to perryhs)
Post #: 3
RE: Configuring the message screener - 27.Aug.2002 7:10:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Britt,

Good advice, although the details are definitely missing from the instructions on the CD.

The good news is the details of this kind of configuration will be available in my new book "ISA Server and Beyond".

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to perryhs)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Installation >> Configuring the message screener Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts