• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Content Filtering

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Content Filtering Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Content Filtering - 20.Feb.2008 10:05:51 AM   
sbaitsell

I'm using ISA 2006. Right now, we use Proventia web filter. I'm not at all pleased with them and they are phasing out support for ISA anyway. I hope to use ISA along with a few other tools to do my blocking. I'm attempting to use URLBlacklist.com as part of my solution. As a test, I've downloaded their list of sites. I have my rule and URLset. I want to dump one of their lists into my URLsets. We built a script to do this. However, on the adult site lists, the files from URLBlacklist are 5 mb to 15 mb. I've been exporting the URLset from ISA into an HTML document. Then I run our script which takes the URLBlacklist file and dumps it into the HTML document. On those large files though, this takes overnight and sometimes longer. During this time the computer or server stays at 100% CPU trying to move the information. That isn't a good solution. Has anyone come up with any sort of solution to a problem close to this? Thank you in advance if you have any ideas.
Post #: 1
RE: Content Filtering - 12.Dec.2008 1:47:05 AM   
lsjames

I suggest that you can try other software, such as active wall.
They provides a tool to import balcklists from URLBlacklist.com.

(in reply to sbaitsell)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Content Filtering Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts