• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Denied SMTP connections

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Denied SMTP connections Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Denied SMTP connections - 25.Nov.2005 7:48:40 AM   
MB_SA

I'm having problems receiving e-mails from outside.  I set up a live logging equals to Denied Connections on the SMTP protocol and within 1min I get 3 denied access logs.  When copy the report in excel I get the following and cannot seem to find a reason or solution for it.

0xc0040017 FWX_E_TCP_NOT_SYN_PACKET_DROPPED

In MSDN website I found the following explanation: "A non-SYN packet was dropped because it was sent by a source that does not have an established connection with the ISA Server computer." This is basically all connections from outside. I even went as far and switching the SMTP filters of, but no avail.

Any suggestions?

Post #: 1
RE: Denied SMTP connections - 25.Nov.2005 3:07:34 PM   
spouseele

Hi MB_SA,

do you receive any e-mails from outside or do you only have problems with some? If the latter is the case, I suggest you take a NetMon trace on the ISA external interface to find out what is really happening on the wire.

HTH,
Stefaan

< Message edited by spouseele -- 26.Nov.2005 11:19:20 AM >

(in reply to MB_SA)
Post #: 2
RE: Denied SMTP connections - 26.Nov.2005 5:37:38 PM   
dfcrj

Hi MB,
I had a very similar problem but it was not all outside just intermittent emails. I changed the NOOP value inside in the Add-Ins to 65535 from the low default value.
Every since then, smtp denied has not appeared and that was serveral months ago. Might not be your problem but it fixed mine. Hope it helps.

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 3
RE: Denied SMTP connections - 14.Jul.2009 5:58:08 PM   
alienone

I am having the same issue. I am running exchange 2007 behind ISA 2006 EE. I have not been able to receive any external email. Internal email is fine. I believe everthing is setup correctly according to the documentation. ISA logs show the following: SMTP denied connection, 0xc0040017 FWX_E_TCP_NOT_SYN_PACKET_DROPPED. I have not been able to find a solution. I saw many posts but none of them have a solution or an explanation of the issue.

Sam

(in reply to MB_SA)
Post #: 4
RE: Denied SMTP connections - 14.Jul.2009 8:14:28 PM   
richardhicks

Replied on this thread...

http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002089684/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#2002089692

Richard Hicks - Forefront MVP
http://tmgblog.richardhicks.com/
http://directaccess.richardhicks.com/

(in reply to alienone)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Denied SMTP connections Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts