• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Dodgy cache keeps crashing firewall service... HELP!!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Dodgy cache keeps crashing firewall service... HELP!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dodgy cache keeps crashing firewall service... HELP!! - 29.May2006 11:22:15 PM   
robcmk

Hi,

we have ISA 2004 STD using 2 nics in a back to back configuration with a checkpoint NGX firewall.  Recently we enabled caching on the ISA box to allow all requests to be cached from the external network.  The cache is set at 3000MB and the percentage of free memory to use is set at 65%

The HW is a HP DL360 with 2GB of RAM and a single 3Ghz Zeon processor.

We are seeing frequent failures of the firewall service and after inspecting the alerts in ISA I see this error quite a lot:

I am not sure what it means when it says "Invalid or Unknown table specified" so I am looking for some help from anyone who knows anything about caching and these types of errors.

Typically this occurs and then straight after the firewall service stops, the recovery option kicks in a minute later and the service restarts followed by a recovery of the cache...

Pertinent Cache settings :

Cache Store & Retrieval : Only if valid version exists
Store in Cache : if source requests to cache, content for offline browsing (302 headers), dynamic content
HTTP Caching : TTL:20%, No less than 30 mins, no more than 18hours, also apply these TTLS to source that specifys expiration
FTP Caching : enabled, 2 days
Advanced : Do not cache larger than 10MB,

Cache Settings --> Advanced : max url : 10800, return expired object if : TTL 30%, but no more than 60 minutes, Mem to use : 65%

The options mentioned are the only ones enabled.

So if anyone can help I would be really appreciative.

Thanks

Rob.

Post #: 1
RE: Dodgy cache keeps crashing firewall service... HELP!! - 29.May2006 11:26:18 PM   
robcmk

Here is the missing Image!

(in reply to robcmk)
Post #: 2
RE: Dodgy cache keeps crashing firewall service... HELP!! - 29.May2006 11:28:56 PM   
robcmk

OK

Description: Disk Cache ***** failed to initialise. Some Errors were encountered when ISA Server restored specific data cache files.......... Internal code : 503.7173.4.0.2165.594 The failure is due to error : Invalid or Unknown table specified

Thanks

Rob.

(in reply to robcmk)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Dodgy cache keeps crashing firewall service... HELP!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts