• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Downstream Server Cache

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Downstream Server Cache Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Downstream Server Cache - 28.Aug.2004 7:43:00 AM   
clancey

Hi,

I am running an ISA 2004 server that is chained to an upstream server. However the local clients never receive anything out of the cache on the downstream server (It all gets redirected to the upstream server).

I need this to happen as the upstream proxy is off-site and there is no direct internet connection on the downstream proxy.

Thanks in advance,

Clancey
Post #: 1
RE: Downstream Server Cache - 28.Aug.2004 4:12:00 PM   
clancey

Don't worry everyone, i've sussed this one out. I just removed the web proxy filter from the http protocol and away she went.

Cheers

Clancey

(in reply to clancey)
Post #: 2
RE: Downstream Server Cache - 28.Aug.2004 9:05:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Clancy,

If you remove the Web Proxy filter, the clients won't receive anything from the Web Proxy cache, unless they are explicitly configured as Web Proxy clients.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to clancey)
Post #: 3
RE: Downstream Server Cache - 30.Aug.2004 12:45:00 AM   
clancey

What would be a better scenario for resolving this problem then?

Cheers

Clancey

(in reply to clancey)
Post #: 4
RE: Downstream Server Cache - 30.Aug.2004 4:37:00 AM   
clancey

For a bit more info. The downstream cache never gets filled.

I have specified an unstream account for testing and then everything works fine. But with pass-through authentication nothing gets cached or retrieved on the downstream server.

Cheers

Clancey

[ August 30, 2004, 04:39 AM: Message edited by: clancey ]

(in reply to clancey)
Post #: 5
RE: Downstream Server Cache - 30.Aug.2004 3:50:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Clancey,

Configure the downstream Web Proxy machines for authentication and the upstream Web Proxy with local accounts that represent the downstream Web Proxies connecting to it. That allows you the most comprehesive logging and reporting.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to clancey)
Post #: 6
RE: Downstream Server Cache - 31.Aug.2004 12:44:00 AM   
clancey

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately i have no access to the upstream proxy (As it is provided by our ISP), it's not part of our domain as such. It's also not an isa server and does not use integrated authentication. Usernames are assigned to us by the isp for our users and at the moment these usernames differ to our domain usernames. I really don't wont to change our internal naming conventions to suit the ISP as we have 500+ users (It's a school). I would also then need to keep passwords syncronised which would be a big drama.

Logging is provided by the ISP which is why i'm using pass-through authentication. All i need the downstream server to do is cache.

Cheers

Clancey

(in reply to clancey)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Downstream Server Cache Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts