• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Dungeon Siege

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Dungeon Siege Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dungeon Siege - 16.Apr.2002 3:46:00 AM   
zifnab

I have been able to play Dungeon Siege over Zone Match and multiplayer but using an odd configuration. I can only connect to Zone Match if the firewall client is on and can only join a game if the firewall client is off. Does anyone know the "magic" settings to put into the mspclnt.ini for Dungeon Siege? Thanks.

Also: See post Directplay 8 for more information.
Post #: 1
RE: Dungeon Siege - 18.Apr.2002 1:28:00 AM   
Morgue

I had to add the protocol rule for udp-2300 to allow connections to the zonematch servers without the firewall client running. I have nothing regarding Dungeonsiege in mspclnt.ini.

I turn the firewall client off and start up Dungeonsiege using this configuration:

Dungeon Siege (UDP 2300)
port 2300, udp, send receive

Dungeon Siege (UDP 6073)
port 6073, udp, send receive
port 0, udp, receive
port 2302-2400, udp, send receive

I still haven't found a way to make a pseudo-dedicated Dungeon Siege server. The second client to connect from either the internal or external side will drop after a few seconds.

I've been reading the mutliplayer support pages on planetdungeonsiege. There's nothing about ISA there, but there are a lot of posts about multiplayer issues with other firewalls and proxies. Many of the problems involve Windows XP and its integrated firewall or ICS. The multiplayer coding must just be bad.

A multiplayer patch is rumored to debut sometime by the end of the month.

(in reply to zifnab)
Post #: 2
RE: Dungeon Siege - 20.Apr.2002 3:02:00 AM   
grufzilla

I too expierence the same difficulties with switching the firewall client on/off to connect to gaming zone and then to play... I don't have to perform this with any other games.

Also when hosting a server inside on a natted machine, I can only get 1 additional person in the game. (max 2 players). When the 3rd person joins they hang round for about 10-30 seconds and then drop. We even tried getting the guy to vpn in to avoid the ISA server and he still got dropped. Very strage. as if someone else hosts a game no problems playing up to 8 people....

Friend can host can inside firewall fine using WinRoute.....

(in reply to zifnab)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Dungeon Siege Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote