• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. - 13.Aug.2008 2:36:09 PM   
Kingsteve

Hi everyone. I've recently taken over the IT admin position at a college and im having problems with my isa server.

The librarian here is having difficulty on a website that she uses for ordering library books. she can get to the sites main page just fine, but when she puts a book name in the search box, this screen comes up.

Explanation: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Try the following: Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion. Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped. Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link. If you are still not able to view the requested page, try contacting your administrator or Helpdesk.

Technical Information (for support personnel) Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The request is not supported. (50) IP Address: 72.xxx.xxx.xxDate: 8/13/2008 2:40:58 PM Server: FQDN of ISA server
Source: proxy
i tried searching google for help, but i cant seem to find what im looking for. anyone know of a solution to this?

the site is www.abebooks.com which she can get to fine. the error screen come sup when she searches for a book in the title field on the web site.
Post #: 1
RE: Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. - 29.Aug.2008 3:23:32 PM   
rcarlson

Hey Steve,

We're having the same issue with our ISA server when we try to go to www.evite.com and then click on "My Account"

What version do you run (04, 06?) and do you have the latest service packs?

I've found that the error seems to happen when the web page ends in .jsp, but that is as far as I've gotten with it.

I'm going to look through ISA logs in the meantime.

Also, does the college you work at start with an H and the school you attended start with a D? If so, I'm pretty sure we know each other.  You can probably figure it out by my login name...

I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

(in reply to Kingsteve)
Post #: 2
RE: Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. - 30.Jan.2009 2:20:04 PM   
winsoradm

Hello,

I have the exact same problem as rcarlson, same website and everything. 

I've noticed that it isn't all JSP pages though.  For instance, a user can log in and see their main page, at:
http;//www.evite.com/pages/gt/people/view.jsp

But clicking on a MyEvites link to:
http;//www.evite.com/pages/myevite/myInvitations.jsp
will generate the error.

This has been stale since August... did anyone come up with any insight into this one?

ISA 2006, up to date.

(in reply to Kingsteve)
Post #: 3
RE: Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. - 12.Aug.2009 8:16:34 PM   
jgwinner

We have the exact same problem.

Per my 'staples.com' post with ISA2004, I disabled the cache and disabled every web filter possible (DiffServe, Authentication Delegation, Compression (the previous bad boy), HTTP filter, and Caching Compressed Content Filter).  All Application filters are enabled.

This is really a bad problem - I would say that most of our business critical web sites are inoperative.  We do travel operations for our consultants and most Travel web sites are dysfunctional.

For example, www.staples.com, add any product to your cart.  (Problems on Marriot too, but that's a longer sequence).

Any ideas?

== John ==

(in reply to winsoradm)
Post #: 4
RE: Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. - 12.Aug.2009 8:31:47 PM   
jgwinner

Whoops - I just noticed that this is the ISA2004 forum, to solve this for ISA 2004 I simply disabled caching and the compression filter - but this isn't working for ISA 2006.  I'll repost in the other forum.

== John ==

(in reply to jgwinner)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts