• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error Code 502. Not enough storage is available

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> General >> Error Code 502. Not enough storage is available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error Code 502. Not enough storage is available - 21.Feb.2008 12:08:40 PM   
tlemmiksoo

I am receiving the following error message from ISA 2006 Std SP1 on Server 2003 SP2.
Explanation: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.
Technical Information
Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. (14)
IP Address: 209.18.36.72
Date: 1/19 thru 2/19
Server: AMC3.ALL-MODE.LOCAL
Source: web filter

We are seeing this meesage more and more now. I thought it was a cache issue, so I increased the ISA cache to 10 Gig. But no help. Then I tried restarting the Firewall service and that did the trick for a while. But the message would come back in a day. Now I have the Firewall service restarted every day at 5:30 am. But still get the message some days. The last was for one of the owners doing a download. Now I have some heat to getting it fixed.
All of this started after I published Exchange 2003 with OWA access and RPC/HTTP as per Tom's article.
any help is greatly appreicated.

Todd

Todd L.
Post #: 1
RE: Error Code 502. Not enough storage is available - 25.Feb.2008 9:49:39 AM   
tlemmiksoo

Can someone help me to trouble shoot this issue. The error occured many times this past weekend when I was downloading and installing MS security updates on the desktops. The ISA server has 4 Gb of memory and a 10 Gb cache.
Todd

(in reply to tlemmiksoo)
Post #: 2
RE: Error Code 502. Not enough storage is available - 15.Mar.2008 12:10:09 PM   
dudas

Hello,

I have also the same problem with ISA 2004.

Started after Service Pack 3.

I already tryed many things: enable and disable cache, etc

I found many people complaining about the same problem but without solution.

(in reply to tlemmiksoo)
Post #: 3
RE: Error Code 502. Not enough storage is available - 17.Mar.2008 2:44:59 PM   
pwindell

Try raising the IRPStackSize in the Registry.
See the KB article 177078
It requires a reboot.

If it doesn't solve the problem you can put the setting back the way it was.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to dudas)
Post #: 4
RE: Error Code 502. Not enough storage is available - 18.Mar.2008 2:39:30 PM   
gbarnas

This error is related to MEMORY, not DISK storage. Look it up on MSDN.

What other processes are running on the server? (antivirus, etc) Open task manager, display all processes, sort by Memory and see how much the largest processes are consuming.

On my ISA server (one of two in the array, serving 2500+ users), about 2.6G of the 4G is used, and 1.4G of that is used by the SQL service. Only two other large memory users exist, with about 300M each - one for ISA and one for SurfControl.

If Mr. Windell's suggestion does not help, you'll need to examine other memory related issues, including:

How much RAM do you have in your system? Is it enough for the number of users you support? I've got some small locations using 512M for 3-5 users, but I never try to get by with less than 2G for larger installations.

Is the page file set up correctly? Ideally, should be on a separate drive, should be between 2x and 1x RAM (up to 4095M), and the min/max values should be the same. I have a 256/256M pagefile on C: for a minidump, and a 4095/4095M pagefile on D: (dedicated 4.5G partition) for paging.

Do you have other processes configured that use RAM? We've encountered issues between our Antivirus and HP monitoring that causes large memory consumption to occur. We did not install these on our ISA servers because of this risk.

Glenn

(in reply to tlemmiksoo)
Post #: 5
RE: Error Code 502. Not enough storage is available - 27.Mar.2008 2:48:58 PM   
tlemmiksoo

sorry for the late reply. I did not know a reply had been posted, did not get an email notice.

To restate the physical properities of my ISA 2006 SE server. It has 4 GB of physical memory. A 6 Gb page file on the C: drive and a 4 Gb page file on the D:drive. ISA is installed on the D: drive, Windows 2003 SP2 is on the C: drive. A 10 Gb cache  is on the D:, also.

I have searched all of Microsoft without any results. Today I made 2 changes to the server after getting the error in the middle of the day. One is the change to the registry for the IRPStackSize parameter (20) suggested; the registry entry did not exsist before. The other is adding the /3GB switch to the Boot INI file.
I will check the SQL memory usage tomorrow.
There two 3rd party applications that run on the ISA box, Diskeeper 2008 and Panda Antivirus for ISA server. I do not have the server antivirus installed, just the HTTP and SMTP filters.

My network has 36 users.

Todd L.

(in reply to gbarnas)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> General >> Error Code 502. Not enough storage is available Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts