• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Firewall Policy to Hardcopy

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Firewall Policy to Hardcopy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firewall Policy to Hardcopy - 11.Nov.2005 2:05:12 AM   
Dave Parker

Greetings All,

In that horrible function of IT that all Sysadmins just love to do: Documentation .
I do (when I remember to) backup the system policy and firewall policy files and store on another box for the "gosh, thats really broken" rebuilds, but is there a tool to output the Firewall Policy into human readable report, read: printable documentation.

Not on the activity, but the setup of your ISA2004 configuration?

Any ideas?

Dave
Post #: 1
RE: Firewall Policy to Hardcopy - 11.Nov.2005 2:37:39 AM   
LLigetfa

What are you saying? That XML is NOT human readable?

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to Dave Parker)
Post #: 2
RE: Firewall Policy to Hardcopy - 11.Nov.2005 2:46:59 AM   
Dave Parker

LLigetfa:

Weelllll.. yes and no. Its not so much that I can partially read the XML, but I would have a hard time trying to remeber the 40 odd rules that I have configured. (6 Nics, 4 sub teams of people in which the data they access is restricted from the other team)

Kinda looking for something that would print each rule per page, with all options that went into make that rule allow or deny traffic.

Dave

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 3
RE: Firewall Policy to Hardcopy - 11.Nov.2005 5:45:31 AM   
ClintD

I've never seen anything that allowed you to print it, but Jim Harrison has a isainfo.hta applet that will allow to to load up ISA XML files for later viewing.

ISAINFO for ISA 2004 - http://www.isatools.org/isainfo/isainfo.zip includes this utility.

I know it doesn't answer your question, but it's the only thing I've seen to date.

(in reply to Dave Parker)
Post #: 4
RE: Firewall Policy to Hardcopy - 25.Nov.2005 2:45:41 AM   
Dave Parker

Thanks for that ClintD.

Its a pitty that MS didnt think of that in thier product. I did some cut-paste-word doc to print, which is a bash, but got the rules and settings out to something usefull for reference, ie, the Sysadmin Manual

Cheers

Dave

(in reply to ClintD)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Firewall Policy to Hardcopy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts