• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Firewall client disconnects spontaneously

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Firewall client disconnects spontaneously Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firewall client disconnects spontaneously - 26.Sep.2002 10:04:00 AM   
Znark

I have one ISA server w/ SP1... It worked quite OK but without any visible reason quite annoying problem occured:

I was reviewing protocol rules and after disabling Allow All rule (which is quite natural thing to do, if you agree.. and it was the only change in configuration) firewall clients began to act strangely -
in the morning (presumably when most users browse for news etc) some of firewall clients lose connection with ISA server.
I can ping ISA's internal NIC and ISA's CPU, memory and network do not seem overused. Ii press "configure now" button in FW client it finds the server, updates the client but in a minute or two (or earlier, if I try to connect, say, to an irc server) it disconnects, saying that it didn't find ISA server...

restarting the FW service on server seem to solve the problem temporarily... for a day "[Wink]"
Post #: 1
RE: Firewall client disconnects spontaneously - 26.Sep.2002 3:10:00 PM   
lemonwater925

Are you using IP for the resolution ? If not try that instead of DNS. More reliable and one less step.

(in reply to Znark)
Post #: 2
RE: Firewall client disconnects spontaneously - 27.Sep.2002 8:21:00 AM   
Znark

I do use IP instead DNS. It is certainly more reliable ;)

(in reply to Znark)
Post #: 3
RE: Firewall client disconnects spontaneously - 27.Sep.2002 6:52:00 PM   
skipster

First try this. Uncheck enable ISA firewall automatic discover in ISA, then on the client uncheck automatically detect, then restart the FW service and give it a go. If this doesnt work disable the default site and content rule, and create a new one, give it access to all sites and content, and apply the rule to domain\users. You can lock down users by creating additional S&C rules, and applying them to the users who you want to blcok access for, and the sites.

(in reply to Znark)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Firewall client disconnects spontaneously Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts