• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Flash Bypassing Proxy Settings

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Flash Bypassing Proxy Settings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flash Bypassing Proxy Settings - 15.Oct.2008 9:39:10 PM   
straw

I currently have a T1 for CyberCafe gamers and a DSL channeled through my 2006 ISA server as a proxy for Internet users. We are in a workgroup environment. All the proxy settings are set on Internet Explorer for all our PC's. After some testing I realized that anything played through the Flash addon or player are bypassing our browser's proxy settings and using the T1 which is specified as our gateway thus causing massive lag on our T1 line. You tube movies and other players don't seem to have this problem, only Flash Player. In short Flash Player is ignoring our bowser proxy setting in favor of our gateway / T1. I performed a test ans removed the gateway on a test machine forcing Flash to use our proxy and everything works fine. But if I change it back, Flash favors the gateway over the Internet Explorer proxy browser settings. I've been searching everywhere for an answer to this problem with no luck. Adobe doesn't offer support for a free Flash player. Their knowledge base and forums aren't helping either. I've even called their technical support but I hung up once I realized I was talking to India.  Does anyone have any info on this problem? There are no options to specifly a proxy for the flash player. Please Help.
Post #: 1
RE: Flash Bypassing Proxy Settings - 16.Oct.2008 6:50:44 AM   
tshinder

Fully configure the ISA firewall as network firewall so that bypass is impossible.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to straw)
Post #: 2
RE: Flash Bypassing Proxy Settings - 16.Oct.2008 10:49:40 AM   
straw

Do you mean setup my T1 to also go through the firewall and not just the DSL line? If this is the case I will need to add a third network card to my firewall and channel my T1 router though the ISA server as well?

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Flash Bypassing Proxy Settings - 17.Oct.2008 8:13:20 AM   
tshinder

You only need two NICs on your firewall.

An internal and external interface. Then point the clients to the internal interface of the ISA firewall as their default gateways. In that way, users will not be able to bypass the firewall since there is no other path to the Internet.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to straw)
Post #: 4
RE: Flash Bypassing Proxy Settings - 18.Oct.2008 1:11:22 PM   
straw

Here's my problem. I setup the ISA server so I could dedicate my T1 for our gamers and proxy all Internet traffic though our ISA server for customers that only came in for Internet access. Is there any way that I can configure the firewall and still separate the traffic in the this manner?

(in reply to straw)
Post #: 5
RE: Flash Bypassing Proxy Settings - 20.Oct.2008 8:46:26 AM   
tshinder

The Flash player might respect the Firewall client settings, if you can get that installed on the clients.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to straw)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Flash Bypassing Proxy Settings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts