• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

GFI Webmonitor3

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> GFI Webmonitor3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GFI Webmonitor3 - 15.Sep.2005 3:03:00 AM   
JasonM

Hi everyone

I'm hoping someone here can help solve a problem we're having with Webmonitor3. I have not managed to come right with GFI's tech support, who say this behaviour is by design and they won't change it.

The problem is as follows:

When viewing sessions by going to http://monitor.isa, we see hundreds of entries for requests from the ISA server for the files "wpad.dat" and "wspad.dat". This is of course due to the fact that we have web and winsock proxy auto detection enabled. Regular downloads are very difficult to spot with all these spurious entries.

GFI has told us to disable wpad and wspad, but this is not an option for us.

Anyone have any ideas how we can fix this?

Thanks for any input.

Jason
Post #: 1
RE: GFI Webmonitor3 - 22.Sep.2005 7:15:00 AM   
nicks

Hi JasonM

I confirm that currently there is no way to exclude these in WebMonitor.

Your requst has already been added to our requested features list.

Thank you.

(in reply to JasonM)
Post #: 2
RE: GFI Webmonitor3 - 22.Sep.2005 8:00:00 AM   
JasonM

Thanks for the info nick.

I've managed to work around this problem by doing the following:

- publish the wpad/wspad information on port 82
- set up IIS on the ISA server on port 80 to deliver the wpad and wspad files.
- use urlget.exe every few hours to pull the wpad and wspad files from ISA and place them in inetpub\wwwroot

The above is working, and requests from clients for wpad.dat and wspad.dat (and the proxy autoconfiguration script) are not showing up on the webmonitor any longer.

Here's the catch, and I think this is a bug in Webmonitor itself: Entries generated by the urlget.exe utility pulling the wpad.dat and wspad.dat files NEVER disappear from the webmonitor output until ISA is restarted! Fortunately, these only get generated every few hours, so we'll have to live with it until the functionality above has been added.

(in reply to JasonM)
Post #: 3
RE: GFI Webmonitor3 - 27.Sep.2005 3:53:00 AM   
nicks

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your feedback.

All the entries in the WebMonitor cache should be threated the same, so I cannot see how the urlget requests are not being removed from the cache.

I would recommend that you contact GFI support so we can continue troubleshooting this further.

Thank you.

(in reply to JasonM)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> GFI Webmonitor3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts