• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Geovision's MultiView Application Issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Geovision's MultiView Application Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Geovision's MultiView Application Issues - 18.Mar.2008 4:26:20 PM   
jmaskew

We have a new DVR (GeoVision) with an external IP Address. I can connect to the DVR with the ISA Client installed but when I enter the login credentials, the DVR is supposed to launch an app called MultiView. The app is being blocked. We have another internet connection that ISA doesn't control which the MultiView app works fine. Has anyone else experienced this or any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Geovision's MultiView Application Issues - 24.Mar.2008 4:47:26 PM   
pwindell

Is Multi-View a Java based Application that requires the Java JRE on the user's machine?
Assumming yes,...go into the config of the JRE (Java Icon in Control Panel).  Go to the Networking section of the config (exact location varies with version of JRE)
Set it to use "Direct Connection".
The Firewall Client will do the rest.

If Multi-View is ActvieX based (and runs in a browser) then you may have to remove all proxy settings in the browser which will force the browser to run as a Firewall [Winsock] Client.  The Firewall Client Software will do the rest.

If Multi-View is a stand alone "thick" application, then look to see if the App has "proxy settings",...if it does they should be blank as if there were no proxy at all.  The Firewall Client Software will do the rest.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to jmaskew)
Post #: 2
RE: Geovision's MultiView Application Issues - 26.Mar.2008 1:43:24 PM   
jmaskew

quote:

ORIGINAL: pwindell

Is Multi-View a Java based Application that requires the Java JRE on the user's machine?
Assumming yes,...go into the config of the JRE (Java Icon in Control Panel).  Go to the Networking section of the config (exact location varies with version of JRE)
Set it to use "Direct Connection".
The Firewall Client will do the rest.

If Multi-View is ActvieX based (and runs in a browser) then you may have to remove all proxy settings in the browser which will force the browser to run as a Firewall [Winsock] Client.  The Firewall Client Software will do the rest.

If Multi-View is a stand alone "thick" application, then look to see if the App has "proxy settings",...if it does they should be blank as if there were no proxy at all.  The Firewall Client Software will do the rest.

Very informative reply, thank you! Actually ISA isn't the culprit on this one. Authentication with Mutli View is the issue.

MCSE/MCSA Windows 2000, CompTia A+ Certified

(in reply to pwindell)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Geovision's MultiView Application Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts