• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

HTTP traffic not seen from fedora client

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> HTTP traffic not seen from fedora client Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HTTP traffic not seen from fedora client - 23.Aug.2007 10:05:05 AM   
atincky

Hello,

I hope somebody can give me some good advice.  I have an ISA 2006 Standard Firewall and an IP Phone System(asterisk) that runs on fedora on the internal network.  I have created a couple rules that allow almost everything to work just right.  My problem is port 80 traffic is not going through, or even being seen by, my ISA server.  I have even run a couple network monitoring utilities on ISA that monitor the action on the wire and it doesnt seem to pick anything up.  Now I know you might think that this is a problem with the client and not ISA... here's where it gets fun... I have a seperate "backup" gateway (just a very simple hardware router) with a seperate internet connection on the same LAN, and when I point the fedora client at it Port 80 traffic flows great.... no problems what so ever.  Now logically, at this point, I would think that my problem is something to do with my ISA server.  However if I can't see the traffic coming into ISA it's kinda hard to fix the problem... and as I said before everything else works great...even SSL or even when I set the ISA as a proxy in the elinks browser with port 8080 I can browse the internet.  But unfortunatly because of some stupid script on the stupid Phone server I need port 80.  Any help would be greatly Appreciated

Thanks,

Lawrence 
Post #: 1
RE: HTTP traffic not seen from fedora client - 24.Aug.2007 4:36:44 AM   
ianfermo

Hi,

HTTP = 80 try to check HTTP rather than port 80. Are you sure that youre VoIP is using port 80 instead of something else. Like Cisco IP Phone uses port 2000.

Cheers...

(in reply to atincky)
Post #: 2
RE: HTTP traffic not seen from fedora client - 24.Aug.2007 12:25:58 PM   
atincky

Thanks for the reply,

To make things a little clearer, the manufacturer of the of the phone server has a script that syncs content between a web based configuration page, where I put in all my settings, to my server.  Don't ask me why but the script uses port 80 to do this.  To test if I had port 80 connectivity I used a sheel based internet browser called elinks to see if I could get out to a web page (i.e. http://www.microsoft.com).  When I typed the web page in and hit enter the browser got stuck at "Making Connection".  I tried this over and over, monitoring traffic from the client IP,  where I could even see it making the DNS lookup... but no HTTP.... no port 80 traffic.  I can put the ISA server address and port 8080 as a proxy address into elinks and I can get out... I can also switch my gateway and get out with no proxy at all and browse web sites.  I have Microsofts ISA Team and the Company that makes the IP phone system trying to help me on this but they just point the finger at the one another.  I dont see any other traffic getting to the ISA server.... but I have done a TCP Dump on the Phone server and I can see the TCP requests being made.  I will try a monitor for all HTTP traffic and see what I get.  Any other help or input will be greatly appreciated.  I have got VoIP (SIP Trunking and RTP) to work beutifully otherwise.

(in reply to ianfermo)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> HTTP traffic not seen from fedora client Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts