• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Half-Life / Team Fortress

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Half-Life / Team Fortress Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Half-Life / Team Fortress - 24.Sep.2001 1:40:00 AM   
spectre_78704

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to configure ISA to allow Half-Life/Team Fortress gaming from internal clients. I have tried configuring 2 separate protocol definitions using the following info that I found on the internet:

"First Protocol Definition:
Primary Connection
Port Number: 27015
Protocol Type: UDP
Direction Info: Send Receive
Description: Main Half-Life Port

Secondary Connections
Port Range: 27015-27050
Direction Info: Receive
Description: Other Half-Life Game Ports

Port Number:7002
Protocol Type: TCP
Direction: Outbound
Description: Won Authentication Port

Second Protocol Definition:
Primary Connection
Port Number: 27010
Direction Info: Send Receive
Description: Server List Server Port

Special Notes:
+ Firewall Proxy Client Required: Yes
+ You must make two separate protocol definitions for this to work properly.
+ Some servers will use a primary port other than 27015. This is common when there are more than one server running on a single machine. If you wish to play on a server that uses a different port like 27016, you need to make a new protocol definition just like what is described above using 27016 as the primary connection port number (1) instead of the default 27015."

Once in the past, I was able to configure the 30+ individual packet filters to match this configuration, and it worked. However, I cannot even get that to work now. One thing that I am sure of is that the protocol, port and direction info is correct. I wonder if there is something that I must configure on the "Application Settings" tab in the firewall client
configurations? I have purchased Dr. Shinder's wonderful ISA book, but haven't found a helpful example on this topic. I suspect that I am missing one small, albeit important, configuration. At this point, understanding the technical puzzle is much more important to me than actually playing the game. Any help you would care to offer is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Doug Cole
Austin, TX.

Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Half-Life / Team Fortress Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts