• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Hosting Multiple Domains

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Hosting Multiple Domains Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hosting Multiple Domains - 20.Jun.2001 3:39:00 PM   
ZaphodB

This may be more of a DNS issue...I am hosting many web sites and need to configure an MX record for each differnet one to point to my internal Exchange 2000 server. I am able to get one of my domains receiving mail but I have hit a wall with the second one I set up...I think it is simply DNS...I am hosting my own public DNS servers on totally separate machines...to me it seems simple enough to just make a new zone for each of my domains and setup the appropriate www and mx records pointing to my exchange box...for example if I had a domain xyz.com should I just make a new zone, configure the correct records for the www server and put in the A record for the email server and an MX record pointing at it...I have no problem sending and receiving thru the ISA server for the first domain I set upprimary name server...when I do an MX lookup for the domain that is not working it only returns :

pharmacy-solution.com
primary name server = web1
responsible mail addr = administrator
serial = 6
refresh = 900 (15 mins)
retry = 600 (10 mins)
expire = 86400 (1 day)
default TTL = 3600 (1 hour)

I'm sure my problem is DNS...thanks for any guidance...

Post #: 1
RE: Hosting Multiple Domains - 20.Jun.2001 5:45:00 PM   
jacksun

Hi, I am doing the same thing but I have had no problems. I am using Exchange 5.5 however due to the problems with Exchange 2k and multiple email addresses/aliases for single users.
Have you added the domains to exchange server telling it to accept them as inbound? This is on the IMC in Exchange 5.5.
I assume you have 1 public IP address, pointing to your ISA external interface. I have 2 mx records per domain...

the first is a normal MX record,

server mx server.domain.com

The second is a little different,

[same as ...] mx server.domain.com

You create the second one by not inputting anything in the first box on the new Mail host dialogue. This record looks the same as your NS or SOA records in DNS when you view the zone. Those are the only 2 problems I can think of. I assume you ran the secure mail server wizard??

(in reply to ZaphodB)
Post #: 2
RE: Hosting Multiple Domains - 17.May2010 9:28:45 AM   
sowmika

Hi,You can use this http://www.tucktail.com/ site for your expected one,I am using only this site for my use.visit here for more details.

(in reply to ZaphodB)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Hosting Multiple Domains Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts