• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Hotspot for ISA 2006??

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Hotspot for ISA 2006?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hotspot for ISA 2006?? - 7.Mar.2007 3:49:51 PM   
ABCPL

Hello!

What options do I have if I already have an ISA 2006 with multiple networks attached and I want to add a wireless network to be publicly accessible? Are there solutions that plug into ISA that would allow us to track these users in terms of having them authenticate either to a web site or through a ticket and perhaps limit the amount of time they can stay connected.  I donít want to go through Active Directory since these are public users without accounts. I just need to keep track of how many people are on and for how long (canít keep track of what they are accessing for privacy reasons). Has anyone set up a similar hotspot with ISA? Are there any gotchas? How do I handle DHCP for these users? Should this job fall on the AP, ISA or..?

Thank you for your assistance,
Paul
Post #: 1
RE: Hotspot for ISA 2006?? - 7.Mar.2007 4:46:52 PM   
ABCPL

Sorry... Posted in the wrong forum.
Must read before posting...

(in reply to ABCPL)
Post #: 2
RE: Hotspot for ISA 2006?? - 7.May2007 5:32:51 PM   
mylo

You should be looking at using the AP and multiple SSIDs to differentiate between client types,  in conjunction with something like 802.1X and IAS/RADIUS to do this sort of thing. Some AP's come with built-in hotspot support.

Regards,
Mylo

(in reply to ABCPL)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Hotspot for ISA 2006?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts