• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How To: Get Red Alert 2 working (this is weird!)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> How To: Get Red Alert 2 working (this is weird!) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How To: Get Red Alert 2 working (this is weird!) - 3.Nov.2001 3:00:00 AM   
Jez

Ok....been trying for weeks to get 2 of us (behind ISA) to be able to connect to the same internet game. Normally we both get into the join game screen, and then when the game tries to start, one of us gets randomly booted.

So...today it worked....i was amazed.

After hours of messing around, I finally found out why. It appears, that if I load up Age of Empires 2 (which has some firewall friendly options in it)on JUST 1 MACHINE (not both), then try to play red alert 2 on those machine....we can play!

Im guessing AOE2 changes some client settings or something, that then allow red alert 2 to work, but ive never seen anything like this before.

At first I though I was going la la, but ive tried it several times...same results every time!

Thanks Microsoft for AOE2!

------------------
Regards,
Jez
email: jez@ateallthepies.com
www: www.ateallthepies.com

Post #: 1
RE: How To: Get Red Alert 2 working (this is weird!) - 3.Nov.2001 5:57:00 AM   
JaimeP

Wow, that is wierd. Considering that Age2 uses (47624 and 2300-2400), and RA2 uses (1234-1237 udp and 7000, 3840, 4005, 4808, and 4810 tcp). I also wouldn't understand how running Age2 first would make this work.

What does your rules and stuff look like for the RA2 stuff? Did you enter anything into the application settings as well?

------------------
-JaimeP
ISA Server Game/Apps Port List

(in reply to Jez)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> How To: Get Red Alert 2 working (this is weird!) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts