• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How can I run 3 FTP server on ISA server?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> How can I run 3 FTP server on ISA server? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How can I run 3 FTP server on ISA server? - 27.May2001 10:57:00 AM   
fberber

Hi there,
I want to run ftp servers on the ISA server. Unfortunately I could not success.
On the external NIC 10 ip has been added.
212.58.2.195 is the first ip and the others follows it.On 212.58.2.196 one of web server is running and 212.58.2.197 the other one and on the 198 the other. I can run ftp server on 212.58.2.195(first ip) But I am willing to run ftp server on 212.58.2.202 at port 4242. also I am willing to run onother frp on another ip. So, Do you have any scenario or any experiences abČout on this to share me?
Thanks for your help.
Post #: 1
RE: How can I run 3 FTP server on ISA server? - 28.May2001 5:49:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Fberber,

You should be able to run 10 FTP site if you have 10 external IP addresses. However, you must use standard ports unless you want to mess around with the firewall client. Check the Learning Zone for information on how to use alternate port numbers.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here

(in reply to fberber)
Post #: 2
RE: How can I run 3 FTP server on ISA server? - 28.May2001 10:37:00 PM   
fberber

Dear Shinder,
Thank you very much for you help and tips.
I would like to buy your book, Unfortunately
I am running ISA server as a trial to compare other softwares. After the result we will decide which one is more suitable for us.
When I run ftp server on standard port can I able to use bandwith restriction? If yes How can I do this?
Thanks,

(in reply to fberber)
Post #: 3
RE: How can I run 3 FTP server on ISA server? - 31.May2001 7:26:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi FBerber,

Yes, you can create Bandwidth Rules to control the percentage of avaialble bandwidth dedicated to FTP connections. That's covered in the book in reasonable detail. Note that you cannot *dedicate* a fixed amount of bandwidth using Bandwidth Rules, you can only dedicated a relative ratio of available bandwidth.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here

(in reply to fberber)
Post #: 4
RE: How can I run 3 FTP server on ISA server? - 31.May2001 7:51:00 PM   
fberber

Dear Shinder,
I am goint to talk my boss to his decision about on buying your books. Just I have some wonderings. Most of books tells something unfotunately does not well enough scenario or tutarials. Hope that your books is not same as mentioned above. By theway I could not run ftp server on second, third, or ninth realp ip on default port(21).
Do you answer thet what I missed?
I am running ws-ftp server and I did write real ip on isa server on default port. But it does not work for me.
Thanks for your reply.
Fazil BERBER

(in reply to fberber)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> How can I run 3 FTP server on ISA server? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts