• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to Automatically Authenticate a User Against Trusted Domain in ISA 2006

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> Unihomed >> How to Automatically Authenticate a User Against Trusted Domain in ISA 2006 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to Automatically Authenticate a User Against Truste... - 21.Jun.2007 8:37:36 AM   
rezanet

How can I configure ISA 2006 Standard Edition to authenticate users without asking them to enter their credentials?
I mean when a user login to the domain the ISA automatically receive their credential from DC!

Thank you.

< Message edited by rezanet -- 21.Jun.2007 8:40:04 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: How to Automatically Authenticate a User Against Tr... - 21.Jun.2007 9:13:51 AM   
elmajdal

Hi,

Install the Firewall Client and use automatic configuration script to set IE Proxy Settings.

read this : http://www.isaserver.org/articles/ISA2004_ClientAutoConfig.html

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to rezanet)
Post #: 2
RE: How to Automatically Authenticate a User Against Tr... - 21.Jun.2007 1:13:40 PM   
justmee

Hi Tarek,
I do not want to give you the impression that I am "after you"(or have something against you), but his comments are in the unihomed section of ISA 2006 and I don't see how can we use the FWC in this situation.
Cheers!

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 3
RE: How to Automatically Authenticate a User Against Tr... - 21.Jun.2007 1:30:46 PM   
elmajdal

Hey justmee, Dont worry , I would never in such a way  

a ONE Answer do not implies a complete Answer , he didnt State that he has a single NIC right ?? so he asked the question and this is my answer, later if he replies with i HAVE a One Nic ISA, then the answer will be that he can not use the Firewall Cliet and needs to click the Remember my Password for Web Proxy Client.

I Expect now a reply from you stating what if he is using a Home Edition XP and does not have the option to remember password , well what should i do, he didnt mention what OS he has   !!

One  can't  have all the answers and predict if the user posted in the right forum or has this and that, unless he clearly state this and that

Cheers !

Tarek Majdalani

(in reply to justmee)
Post #: 4
RE: How to Automatically Authenticate a User Against Tr... - 22.Jun.2007 3:05:16 AM   
rezanet

Well hello gentlemans,
First of all thank you for your attention.
I thought that when I send my post in Unihomed section it would be obvious that my ISA installed on one interface adapter server.
And about that option that "elmajdal" told in previouse post, where I have to set this option?
All users in our network uses MS Windows XP Pro and Vista Business OS.
And one more thing that you may need to know is that my ISA deployed in DMZ mode.

Thank you again.

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 5
RE: How to Automatically Authenticate a User Against Tr... - 22.Jun.2007 5:12:03 AM   
ITEngineer

from your domain machine user account, when you open Internet Explorer ( Proxy Setting should be set ) a pop up window will appear where you should enter your credentials, there you will have a checkbox to remember the user credentials instead of each time re entering these credentials.

(in reply to rezanet)
Post #: 6
RE: How to Automatically Authenticate a User Against Tr... - 23.Jun.2007 5:06:50 AM   
rezanet

Thank you ITEngineer.
Is there any other solution?
Because for a company with 1000 Clients (just like us) it looks like a nightmare to explain it for each user! even once!
But if it's the only way , ok we will go for it...!

Regards

(in reply to ITEngineer)
Post #: 7
RE: How to Automatically Authenticate a User Against Tr... - 24.Jun.2007 3:37:31 AM   
elmajdal

Hi Rezanet,

If you installed a 2nd Nic Into your ISA Server, then you can deploy the Firewall Client Through GPO and Your IE Settings will be set using automatic configuration script.

If You do Not wish to install a 2nd Nic Into Your ISA, then u can set IE Proxy Settings using GPO, and send your users an email, explaining to them to enter their domain credentials in the pop up box they will have once they try to open any page from IE.

HTH,
Tarek

Tarek Majdalani

(in reply to rezanet)
Post #: 8
RE: How to Automatically Authenticate a User Against Tr... - 9.Jul.2007 2:31:56 PM   
Enlil242

Out of curiosity, I wanted to post a reply to this as I have a single NIC instance of ISA 2006 (the MSDN .VHD, Enterprise Edition) and I checked integrated authentication and that does not bring up a logon prompt. The ISA logs record the username and I can get some specifc reporting this way. If I select basic authentication, It prompts for a login. Look under Networks -> Internal -> Web Proxy -> Authentication

Am I missing something?
Thanks!

< Message edited by Enlil242 -- 9.Jul.2007 2:51:58 PM >

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 9
RE: How to Automatically Authenticate a User Against Tr... - 10.Jul.2007 12:33:29 AM   
ferrix

Scenario seems right to me, Enlil.. I looked over the thread and I don't understand the original problem either.  It seems to me that integrated auth with IE should work without requiring credentials entry, assuming of course that the proxy settings in IE are correct.

Maybe there's a subtle point I haven't understood about the original situation.

(in reply to Enlil242)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> Unihomed >> How to Automatically Authenticate a User Against Trusted Domain in ISA 2006 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts