• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to remove URL set?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> How to remove URL set? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to remove URL set? - 30.Nov.2007 5:25:23 AM   
xlnt

Hello
I have imported alot of URL sets and that made my ISA server slow and sluggish. Also my backup of the rules increased from 2-3 mb to over 60MB. I have deleted several sets from my management console but the backup file is stil over 60mb and when I make any changes it takes 5 minutes to apply them. It used to be very fast before I added the URL sets, like 20 seconds or so. Is there any whay to get rid of the URL sets completely?

Thanks

Knut
Post #: 1
RE: How to remove URL set? - 30.Nov.2007 7:19:23 AM   
elmajdal

Hi,

Make sure the URL sets are not used in any Firewall Policy, and then you would be able to delete them

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to xlnt)
Post #: 2
RE: How to remove URL set? - 30.Nov.2007 12:18:31 PM   
xlnt

Like I said I have sucessfully deleted them but my server is stil sluggish and the filesize didn't decrease.

Rgds

Xlnt

(in reply to xlnt)
Post #: 3
RE: How to remove URL set? - 7.Jan.2008 8:23:51 PM   
nwigmore

Have you restarted your ISA services? The reason it takes a while to apply new settings etc is that ISA has to compile and load all the rules, url and domain lists etc into the services, therefore the bigger your url lists etc are the longer it takes. This is standard across the board for all firewalls.

(in reply to xlnt)
Post #: 4
RE: How to remove URL set? - 9.Jan.2008 3:25:52 AM   
xlnt

I don't think people really get what seems to be my problem. After decreasing the size of URL sets, rules etc. the amount of time to apply the settings does NOT decrease.
If any one know how to decrease the time it takes to apply settings I would very much like to hear about it.

(in reply to nwigmore)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> How to remove URL set? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts