• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA/OWA cert issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> ISA/OWA cert issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA/OWA cert issue - 24.Oct.2006 11:15:50 AM   
jayshaw91

Please move this thread to the appropriate spot if necessary.  It's OWA related, so I plopped it in here.

OK, I know less about certs than I do ISA (got a "here you go, you're the ISA guy!" two months ago.)  My point?  Bear with me on this deal.

Here is what is happening.  ISA works just fine externally, with one exception.  Users are getting a warning that a cert is expired.  The cert that the users see as expired is the intermediate Verisign cert (our OWA cert was bought).  The expiration date is 1/7/2004. The top level Verisign cert is fine and has like a 2028 expiration date.

From the ISA server if I view the OWA cert and the chain, it all checks out.  If I view the chain the intermediate cert is dated to expire 10/24/2011.  The web listener tells me the cert is valid and all is hunky dory.

When I did the export from OWA, I tried exporting the entire chain and also tried it without exporting the chain.  To import on ISA, I opened the certificates MMC for the local PC, went to Personal | Certificates| Right Click| Import and selected the OWA cert.

Anything I did wrong?  Anything I should change to get around this?  Could this be a client issue?
Post #: 1
RE: ISA/OWA cert issue - 30.Oct.2006 9:19:13 AM   
tshinder

Hi Jay,

Try running the ISA Firewall BPA on the ISA Firewall and see if it identifies any problems.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to jayshaw91)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA/OWA cert issue - 30.Oct.2006 9:32:07 AM   
jayshaw91

Tom, thanks for the reply.  Strangely, it was a client issue.  I updated the cert on the client machine and the problem went away.

Is that normal behavior?  I didn't expect that to fix it.  Sorry, a PKI guy I am not.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA/OWA cert issue - 2.Nov.2006 9:42:39 AM   
tshinder

Hi Jay,

Did you update the CA cert on the clients? Maybe that's what fixed it.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to jayshaw91)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> ISA/OWA cert issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts