• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2004 + SurfControl 5 Realtime monitor

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> ISA 2004 + SurfControl 5 Realtime monitor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2004 + SurfControl 5 Realtime monitor - 15.Jun.2005 12:31:00 PM   
Martski

Hello All,

I am running ISA 2004 simply as a web proxy and SurfControl to monitor web traffic. Everything appears to be ok except...

(1) that the real time monitor (SurfControl) does not display the username, but rather the IP.

I tried the solution from another post (http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=40;t=000059), but now (2) It displays the hostname not the username.

I am almost there, if someone could help me it would be appreciated. any ideas?

M
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2004 + SurfControl 5 Realtime monitor - 15.Jun.2005 6:26:00 PM   
Jason Jones

You will need to configure the "internal network" object web proxy to require auth for all users OR remove the "all users" element from your web access rules. If you replace all users with "domain users" isa will stop allowing anonymous requests and request IE for credentials.

The later option is normally better...no rules with all users (e.g. anonymous) = all users authenticared...

Cheers

JJ

(in reply to Martski)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2004 + SurfControl 5 Realtime monitor - 16.Jun.2005 9:30:00 AM   
Sunny.C

In the surfcontrol service(bottom right) double click it.There is 2 options in there name resolution i think it is, and directly below it is another options which you can use. I can't remember what it says for them but when you see the 2 options you will know what i mean.

(in reply to Martski)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA 2004 + SurfControl 5 Realtime monitor - 16.Jun.2005 5:00:00 PM   
RedMachine

quote:
Originally posted by Sunny.C:
In the surfcontrol service(bottom right) double click it.There is 2 options in there name resolution i think it is, and directly below it is another options which you can use. I can't remember what it says for them but when you see the 2 options you will know what i mean.

Those two options are for the (E)nterprise (U)ser (M)onter for Windows not ISA. The SWF for ISA gets the Usernames only from ISA Integrated Authentication or if your HTTP/HTTPS rule applies to Authenticated Users. In the Adv tab set it to None and also disable Workstation and Sites Name resolution again that information is given by ISA you don't want the NetBIOS call holding up traffic because a GetHostByName call is not responding fast enough.

In ISA MMC Network Objects | Internal Network set the authentication to Require Users to Authenticate with Integrated/Basic.

If you continue to get a pop up on Integrated your ISA may not be a member server of the domain or the request is coming from a another Tree in the forest that the ISA server cannot communicate with or some other non SurfControl issue.

Thanks
[Cool]

(in reply to Martski)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> ISA 2004 + SurfControl 5 Realtime monitor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts