Hi, I am trying to set up a Go Daddy (https://login.secureserver.net/index.php?app=wbe) e-mail account in Outlook 2003/07. I have tried using POP3, Web E-mail, & IMAP, but none have worked.
I have used the ISA client on the computers and that has not helped either. If I try a computer that is off our Web Proxy, it works fine. However, I do not want these PCs off our Proxy for the sake of accessing e-mail.
There is a rule explicitly configured on ISA 2004 to allow POP3, SMTP, and IMAP. The ports are correct, 110-incoming, 25-Outgoing. I get a could not log onto POP server.
It's strange, I hadn't made any changes to the policy, but all of a sudden I was able to connect to the external POP server. When I first set up the log, no traffic was generated. Now, I see the client hitting the POP server at 188.8.131.52.
When doing a send/receive, the account will send but not receive. I get Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. The error is 0x80042108. I've tried the solutions, but none have helped.
I also disable my A/V software, but that didn't change the outcome either.