• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006 - Setup Failed to Install ADAM

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> ISA 2006 - Setup Failed to Install ADAM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006 - Setup Failed to Install ADAM - 11.Oct.2007 12:32:46 PM   
Rinkie

I am trying to install the trial version of ISA 2006 on a Windows Server 2003 Server - Enterprise Edition. During installation, it asks for the Disc 2 of Win 03 R2 cd set. I put the cd in a physical box on the network, mapped a drive from the virtual server to the cd (shared) and selected 'update.exe' from the 'cmpnts\r2\packages\update\adam' but I receive the error message 'setup failed to install ADAM'. Any thoughts on how i can get this installed?

thanks,

Rinkie
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2006 - Setup Failed to Install ADAM - 30.Nov.2007 12:20:24 AM   
jabramo

Two bad combinations:

Windows 2003 Ent.E R2 and ISA 2006. ISA does not like remote or network path installation. The CD must be in the physical machine of the ISA server in order to complete the installation. Have seen it 100s of times. On the other hand, ISA 2006  and R2 will cause issues no matter what. Either at the begining or at the end. The most common error would have to be the Wrong Volume window pop up when ISA finishes the installation.

Try Win2003 Ent Edition with SP1 only. It works like a charm

(in reply to Rinkie)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2006 - Setup Failed to Install ADAM - 30.Nov.2007 4:09:28 AM   
Jason Jones

Hmmm....

Do you guys not copy the OS and applications source locally whenever you build servers?

I have been using this kind of build for many customers since R2 came out and and not had any issues - what kind of things have you seen as I am curious how I have avoided them?

EE and Windows Ent R2 - can you provide any MS references to problems?

Maybe I have just been lucky!

Cheers

JJ

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to jabramo)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA 2006 - Setup Failed to Install ADAM - 30.Nov.2007 7:47:28 AM   
jabramo

Hi,

During the installation of the OS everything seems to be normal, reboot, etc...etc...

When installing ISA 2006 EE, at the last stage of completion, an error windows shows up stating Windows -Wrong Volume and has a code which I don't have it with me. ADAM gets discounnected constantly and has to be restarted more often than anything else. It is a rare case to see error like this as I have done many ISA projects back from Proxy 2.0 all way to ISA 2006. However, when W2K3 EE with SP1 is installed, ISA goes very smoothly with no ADAM issues or Wrong Volume indications.

Server hardware areHP Proliant DL380 G4 with 4Xeon Procs, 2GB RAM and plenty of disk space. No issues there.

So, that has been our experience with these two combinations of products so far.

(in reply to Jason Jones)
Post #: 4
RE: ISA 2006 - Setup Failed to Install ADAM - 30.Nov.2007 12:20:20 PM   
Jason Jones

Weird, used very similar kit and never seen this...you live and learn

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to jabramo)
Post #: 5
RE: ISA 2006 - Setup Failed to Install ADAM - 21.Dec.2007 12:06:27 PM   
sbostedor

It works fine if you copy the contents of the ISA 2006 CD to a folder on the hard drive, place the Windows 2003 R2 disc 2 into the CD drive, and install that way.

(in reply to Rinkie)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> ISA 2006 - Setup Failed to Install ADAM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts