• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006 behind a PIX 506

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> ISA 2006 behind a PIX 506 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006 behind a PIX 506 - 10.Nov.2006 6:40:10 AM   
bwillis

Hi All
I am just about to attempt the setup of an ISA 2006 Firewall behind a Cisco Pix 506 any advice welcome.  Can I have the ISA Server cards on the same network or should I have them on different networks?

Any advice welcome I am a complete novice at this and have got Mr T's book but not had time to read it yet!!
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2006 behind a PIX 506 - 10.Nov.2006 8:54:44 AM   
x102020

http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002027075/mpage_2/key_/tm.htm#2002030722

That's the thread I started on a firewall very similar to the PIX you are using.

Your PIX needs to be on a different network than your internal network.

Example:

Your PIX could have:
IP: 192.168.1.1

And your ISA External NIC would then be:
IP: 192.168.1.2 (as long as its in the same subnet)

Then your ISA Internal NIC would be:
IP: 192.168.2.1 (whatever you want your internal network to be)

You'll want to make sure that your ISA server has a rule to allow DNS (assuming your doing DNS forwards).

If your PIX has dhcp enabled on it like my Sonicwall did, you'll want to setup your dhcp somewhere on your internal network.

The only problem with a setup like this (that I've ran across) is if your PIX has something like content filtering with IP exclusions -- it won't work anymore, you would need to set this up on ISA (for example, at my company, the users on the afternoon shifts were spending ours on the net, so we needed to cut off certain computers from x to y time) -- but again, still configurable in ISA.

Dr T is around these forums and was a great help for me (I was just like you, and really, still am).

And just a tip, the logging in ISA is your friend :)

thx,

(in reply to bwillis)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> ISA 2006 behind a PIX 506 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts