• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006 server farm authentication issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> ISA 2006 server farm authentication issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006 server farm authentication issue - 29.Oct.2006 8:12:24 PM   
nilangs

Hello

I have got an ISA 2006 dual home in my DMZ not member of the AD domain.
Two FE servers in the internal network using NLB. When i use the NLB address on the FE to access OMA (Basic auth), RPC (Basic auth) and OWA(FBA). through the ISA it all works fine. (Note no pre authentication required)

when i replace the NLB with the individual ip address and try to use the server farm component it keeps on popping up the username and password authentication for OMA and RPC and does not go any forward. logs error that isa servers requires authentication. In OWA it does the same. If i give user name and password for a local account on ISA then it accepts and then puts forward the FBA. How can i get rid of this multi authentication here?
Every other configuration is the same only the server farm has been added to replace to single ip address.

Now the server requires a pre authentication. is there a way to use the feature without having the whole authentication setup.

Thank You

Nilang Shah
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2006 server farm authentication issue - 30.Oct.2006 9:04:12 AM   
tshinder

Is NLB enabled on the ISA Firewall array or on the FE Exchange Servers?

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to nilangs)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2006 server farm authentication issue - 30.Oct.2006 4:46:11 PM   
nilangs

Hello Tom,

Probably i was not clear in my previous email.

I have

2 FE Exch Server with NLB -->Hardware Firewall -->Single ISA Server 2006>  Internet

When i am passing my HTTPS/RPC request to the isa ip which in turn sends request to the Exchange FE NLB address i have issues with directory not synchornising (can send and receive emails though and OMA and OWA works perfectly) but if i send request directly to the two OWA server's individual addresses then it works fine. Hence i decided to use the Server farm load balancing feature of new ISA 2006.

When i enabled the server farm feature keeping the rest of the listner and other configuration exactly the same it started popping up dialog box for authtentication. Hence as per my understanding it requires pre authentication but then my question is why does it work without it when i was using the NLB address on the FE servers.  

Please Advice

Thanks in advance. 

Nilang Shah

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA 2006 server farm authentication issue - 31.Oct.2006 8:06:20 AM   
tshinder

Hi Nilang,

When you enable Web Farm load balancing on the ISA Firewall, you can disable NLB on the FE Exchange Server array.

You should also join the ISA Firewall array to the domain to 1. Increase security and 2. avoid troublesome authentication issues

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to nilangs)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> ISA 2006 server farm authentication issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts